Linking PS account to pokerstrategy

• 17 replies
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IronFists
      How can I link my existing pokerstars account to my pokerstrategy account?
      Hallo!

If you did not use the marceting code strategy-en when you have made your acc at stars, you will not receive any strategy points.

Stars will not track your acc afterwards.
    • IronFists
      IronFists
      Bronze
      Thanks.

So it's better for me to give up on pokerstrategy:p
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Thanks.

Which level do you play? Maybe it is an option to play on an other room only for silver status? It is very easy to reach, because of the bonus points every day.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Gold
      Thanks.

No there are plenty of other rooms that you can earn strategy points at.. Most have good first deposit bonuses as well.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/online-poker-rooms/

Anyway, would be worth a look around this site at least, there is some nice strategy articles and videos...

Good luck either way :)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hi there,

Just because you cannot get tracked to PokerStars it doesn't have to end there!

You have an abundance of rooms to choose from on our partner rooms page PokerStrategy offer the best legal rakeback deals and first deposit bonuses out there!

Once you've chosen a room please make sure you use our download links and or bonus codes if necessary to ensure you are correctly tracked to our site and you'll start earning our valuable Strategy points!

You can also post in this thread if you are looking for advice on which Poker Room would be best suited to your needs.

If you are not in a position to deposit we have further free bankroll offers (albeit they are a little smaller than our premium offer)

Free $8 at 888 Poker
      Free $7.70 at Poker770
      $20 free at PKR

Please note that some of the above offers are country specific and you may not be eligible for them.

Best regards,
      Gary
    • PantslessPete
      PantslessPete
      Bronze
      I didn't know about needing to sign up with the "strategy-en" code to get strategy points from PokerStars and tried to link my PS account to this website. It has been sitting there saying "We haven't been notified of any StrategyPoints for this poker account yet, but don't panic! In some cases this can take up to 7 days." for almost a week now.

Will this ever go away and give me the chance to add a different PokerStars account? I only deposited $10 to see what the site was like, and I like the interface much better than PartyPoker. Seeing as it was such a small amount I don't mind making a new PokerStars account using the "strategy-en" code for my first deposit but there is no point doing so if my PokerStrategy account is always locked!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hi PantslessPete,

I didn't know about needing to sign up with the "strategy-en" code to get strategy points from PokerStars and tried to link my PS account to this website. It has been sitting there saying "We haven't been notified of any StrategyPoints for this poker account yet, but don't panic! In some cases this can take up to 7 days." for almost a week now.

That's a shame! You must very carefully read our download instructions for every different platform we are affiliated with if your are intending to track them with PokerStrategy. Some Rooms require a bonus code, others require a referral link and PokerStars requires you enter a Marketing Code.

Will this ever go away and give me the chance to add a different PokerStars account?

You enterting your username in the Profile Settings page here will make absolutely no difference I'm afraid. Without entering the marketing code on sign-up on PokerStars you're account is not tracked and therefore unfortunately won't return any strategy points.

It would be against PokerStars Terms and Conditions to create a second account so I would sincerely advise you not to do so. Since Black Friday, we have seen PokerStars up the ante when it comes to security and I have seen dozens of multi-accounting players get caught. Accounts banned, funds confiscated - it doesn't really sound worth the risk?

It's not all doom and gloom here though, we are affiliated with lots of Poker Rooms here, where you can successfully track your account and start earning those vital strategy points. Here is a list of those http://www,pokerstrategy.com/online-poker-rooms

Best regards,
      Gary
    • mblazic87
      mblazic87
      Bronze
      Hi. How long does it take to get strategy points via Pokerstars? I re-deposited a small amount a week ago (I registered my account through pokerstrategy.com, in my profile it says "Your account has been correctly tracked and you are receiving StrategyPoints." under Pokerstars description), I played some NL2 cash and couple of SNG's, made around 15 VPP's, but even after one week I still have no strategy points in my account here. So where's the problem? Thanks!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hi there mblazic87,

Can you send a ticket to our customer support stating your PokerStars username and the details in this thread and they will be delighted to assist you further in this matter.

The delays can last up to 7 but once your account starts receiving then it should be continuous.

Keep us informed please.

Have a great weekend!

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mblazic87
      Hi. How long does it take to get strategy points via Pokerstars? I re-deposited a small amount a week ago (I registered my account through pokerstrategy.com, in my profile it says "Your account has been correctly tracked and you are receiving StrategyPoints." under Pokerstars description), I played some NL2 cash and couple of SNG's, made around 15 VPP's, but even after one week I still have no strategy points in my account here. So where's the problem? Thanks!
      Hallo!

As you create your acc at Stars, have you used the marceting code strategy-en?

For me, it sounds like, you only have sign in your Stars nick at Pokerstrategy, but you did not create your acc with the code.

At the Stars software, do you have under request a point information sharing?
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      feel sad that I had a ps account years ago for fun and they dont let me to have a new one tracked with pokerstrategy
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      sometimes they will let you off the hook if the old account has not been used for ages - worked for me :)
    • oblitron
      oblitron
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Skraggy
      sometimes they will let you off the hook if the old account has not been used for ages - worked for me :)
      Are you saying that you created a new account and they found out but they didn't mind?
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by oblitron
      Originally posted by Skraggy
      Are you saying that you created a new account and they found out but they didn't mind?
      If you have played only Playmoney or a very small amount of hands, they don't care, because you do not have advantage over the other players.

I could change my name at stars and could link the new acc to pokerstrategy. Unfortunately they have cut the link 6 month later. ;(
    • bjela
      bjela
      Bronze
      Is there any chance that Pokerstrategy makes a one-time promotion with Pokerstars to retrack anyone who wants it? Or anyone that meets a certain condition? Like being a gold/platinum star, or something like that. Maybe you could look into this?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by bjela
      Is there any chance that Pokerstrategy makes a one-time promotion with Pokerstars to retrack anyone who wants it? Or anyone that meets a certain condition? Like being a gold/platinum star, or something like that. Maybe you could look into this?
      As far as I'm aware multiple efforts have been made by PokerStrategy on behalf of our non tracked members and PokerStars simply won't budge on these conditions.

There has been petition threads also and nothing has worked.

It makes no financial sense for PokerStars to retrack accounts and pay PokerStrategy a % when they simply don't have too.

Also, considering now that PokerStars have little competition in the online market regarding player pools, I really can't see their stance changing.

This is my own opinion and has nothing to do with me being a representive of PokerStrategy.

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • bjela
      bjela
      Bronze
      Yeah, I know of these past attempts. Well I guess it's either playing untracked, or not playing at Stars. I don't like any of those options :(