Equity?

• Tjablonsky
      Tjablonsky
      Bronze
      Ok, I've got some questions that might be silly, since I don't understand this....

At the NL$25 tables you can find lots of agressive fish, which are raising all the time. Off course you are waiting for a really good hand, to reraise them back, and at the and you bang your head in the wall of frustration, because they have cracked your KK with 65o.

So....let's take an example from the table:

I have a guy, whose PFR% is 16.7%

His position: MP2, stack: full.

My hand AKs, position: small blind. He raises, I reraise, he puts me All-In. I have a 62,75% Equity (according to the equilator, I don't know how to calculate it...)

Do I push, or not?

Second, same positons and stacks.

I'm holding AJo, he raises.

I have 51,7% Equity, do I call or raise?

Bottom line is that I don't know if I understood the meaning of equity. I'm not sure, when do I call (probably when my equity in Heads up is +50%, right?), and when do I raise? What kind of equity do you need to raise a fish?

And yeah, these fish are agressive and they go to the end, even with nothing.

How to maximize profit against them?

Thx
  • 8 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      how did you calculate your equity? AKs vs a random hand? :D set cards you are holding, and for the other player, his likely range (probably AA-QQ, AKo, AKs)
    • Tjablonsky
      Tjablonsky
      Bronze
      I put his percent of raises in an equilator, and my hand....

Is that wrong?

The result puts him on a handrange and it calculates the equity. Not? :baby:

And yeah...he had 96o
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      having a pfr of 17% doesn't mean he'll 4-bet push 17% of his hands...
    • Tjablonsky
      Tjablonsky
      Bronze
      Right.

Let me ask differently:

If a have a guy who is raising 17% of all hands. We know know his range, with what can I reraise?
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Hand Player 1: 55+, A5s+, K9s+, QTs+, A8o+, KTo+ - 17%

Handrange with greater equity than 50%:
      Pairs
      88+

Suited
      ATs+

Offsuit
      AJo+
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      xylere's post mainly refers to SSS reraising ranges IMO. in BSS things such as image, metagame and position come into effect far more, as well as reverse implied odds and playability on the later streets (where bold is the more important things).

i wouldn't say there's a fixed range you should 3bet, but in position my range is something like what xylere posted as well as 78s+ suited connectors, and KQ, and taking away ATs.
    • Tjablonsky
      Tjablonsky
      Bronze
      So, I reraise with hands that have equity bigger than 50%, or more?
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      well, what i posted is quite self-explanatory)

it doesn't mean that you will win in the long run, it depends on many other factors (at least, there are 3 streets ahead). But on average you will have an equity advantage pre-flop with this range. download equilator and play with it, you can always increase a safety margin. for instance, you can check what hands have 60% equity against 16% and so on.