[NL2-NL10] NL2 FR AK missed flop

• toteatoo
      Known players:

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: , K:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,08, BU raises to $0,14, 2 folds, Hero calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,31) 7:heart: , 5:spade: , 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0,31) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,22, BU calls $0,22.

River: ($0,75) 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0,54, Hero calls $0,54.

Final Pot: $1,83

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Ah Kh)
      BU shows (Kc Jd)

Hero wins with a pair of kings (Ah Kh)
      On flop I have raised and called his 3bet because he is very very loose - VPIP/PFR/3bet 71/51/36, so his range is very wide.

I have missed flop but on turn I have bet 3/4 pot on top pair with A kicker and he called.

On turn check/call - pot control because of flush, although he is probably holding something like Kx.

Would it be better to bet/fold or bet/call on river or is my line good in this situation against such loose opponent?
  • 2 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      Pre-flop against such a player I am happy to keep min-raising his bets and hope he makes the mistake of playing the game rather than just calling - If he shoves I am happy to go broke here as more often than not I am ahead. And if not I very slim dog... He rarely shows up with AA, KK which is all we're really caring about with AK.

Against such a weak opponent I like the check on the flop, I'd probably do the same, once the K hits the turn though I like the bet, then on the river I am definitely playing bet/call unless he jams. The times he shows up with A,4, A,5 A,6 A,7 and I think sometimes even A,Q A,J.. + Any :spade: .

I think times he has us beaten here are very minimal and sometimes depending on what he had showed down previously I may even call a shove on the river.
    • veriz
      Hello toteatoo,

Preflop: If he is 3betting a lot and is very aggressive on the tables then you can also consider even 4betting and going broke here. But of course flatting isn't wrong.

As played
      Postflop: I'd definitely Bet the river myself there as well while there are going to be still hands which we get value. :)

Best Regards.