Not even an update

• HarryP1992
      HarryP1992
      Bronze
      If they want the business to continue why would they keep witholding updates? No marketing campaigns for christmas or new year nothing! The poker community knows a deal has been struck so why keep us in the dark?
  • 10 replies
    • cjchalmers
      cjchalmers
      Silver
      It's painful huh ... i completely agree with you ... makes me think we may not see it as soon as we would like ...

I'm trying to keep it in back of mind at the moment ... gl
    • Tunatic
      Tunatic
      Bronze
      I think FTP can not re-gain the success it had. At least not for quite some time.

Is it even sure the service is getting re-opened?
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      Well if we're in luck, I'll one day go to pokerstrategy home page being directed to log into FTP and play. Anything else (besides a release date, which of course they can't say yet) is just crap.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I'm sure as soon as we have any breaking news, you will be first to know here at PokerStrategy!

Until then, keep those fingers and maybe toes crossed ;)

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • boboistina
      boboistina
      Bronze
      What a load of BS, they signed the deal and finalized takeover more than a month ago and instead of keeping us up-to-date on at least a weekly basis, they've gone into mute mode without any info watsoever and made me re-evaluate the decision to stay playing at FTP when i had no doubt i would return to play there when it opens whole this time since June because i cant stand this unprofesionalism.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      This is pretty annoying that there are a lack of updates, but you also have to remember there is a LOT of things to sort out at FTP. It's not just Buy it and carry on as normal.

There is many different things the new owners have to consider and you have to remember that FTP was being run by people that were not doing it correctly. Therefore, all promotions, scheduled MTT's, GTD PP MTT's, plus the VIP system, could of been losing money. To redesign the whole thing (if needed) would take a lot of effort and work.

They also probably have an awful lot of paperwork regarding the FT pros that had a stake in the company, plus the other FT pros and whether their contracts are honoured or not. Then you have the added problem of people that might not want to be associated with FT anymore, but have a contract running to year xxxx.

It was never going to be an easy task to take over a company that has not only created an awful reputation for itself, but somehow has to try and figure out if they can give back any player funds. If so, how much?

Plus, you have a lot of people on rakeback system at FT so that's another thing they probably have to find if they are going to continue with, and if they do scrap it how much of the player pool that were there before would return with no rakeback?

The list is probably extremely long and this is just what comes off the top of my head. I'm sure there is many more internal issues like running costs, sponsors, TV contracts... These all involve 3rd parties and for each company dealing with FT that will also add to the time it take to relaunch FT. Bridges need to be built with existing companies, any outstanding debts need sorting before any further negotiations can take place etc. etc.

So give it some time and when they have settled on most of the details I'm sure they will release the new plans for the company and remember it's not only FT that controls it's new opening, but all others involved also.
    • boboistina
      boboistina
      Bronze
      I understand there is a ton of thigs to sort out before they reopen the site and i dont mind them taking all the time they need to sort it all out, better that than rushing to open the site without havig these things sorted out, cause then the players would end up with a lot of question and untied loose ends.

But what i do mind is their silence, they can easly keep us up to date by giving us info about what they're trying to sort out and how they'll do it, it would just make me and every player with BR on FTP feel more at ease when we see if and how progress is being made, cause this silence is only making peolple more nevous.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/world-of-poker/Agreement-Reached-between-FTP-and-GBT-on-Transfer-of-Assets_54787/

Update :)
    • boboistina
      boboistina
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MrMardyBum
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/world-of-poker/Agreement-Reached-between-FTP-and-GBT-on-Transfer-of-Assets_54787/

Update :)
      YAY :)
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      Any news/guess about when FTP will come back