NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.57)
      Hero ($14.86)
      UTG ($5.48)
      UTG+1 ($2.90)
      CO ($2)
      BTN ($4.75)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: K:heart:

UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.20, UTG calls $0.20

FLOP ($1.55) 4:heart: 5:heart: T:club:

Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets $0.90, CO folds, BTN folds, Hero calls $0.90, UTG folds

TURN ($3.35) 4:heart: 5:heart: T:club: 9:heart:

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

RIVER ($3.35) 4:heart: 5:heart: T:club: 9:heart: J:club:

Hero bets $1.75, UTG+1 calls $1.70 (AI)

UTG+1 38/22/1 65 hands

YTG 40/18 70 hands

I cannot squeeze, they will not fold too often. But can I call OOP? Especialy against many shorties.

On flop I check because I didn' believe that by donking I have much FE. And call his bet because I assume that if I will hit, I will take all of his remaing stack. Plus UTG could still call meaning I have even better implied odds.

Turn - don't know if I should start betting, because it will look strong. So I decided to let him bet in case he has bluffs. If he will not bet, I still have a river where I am able to bet.
  • 3 replies
    • PlasmaLine
      PlasmaLine
      Bronze
      As part of Beginners Course - homework:

Preflop: I think call is the right decision, since you have 2 limpers after the raise before you, thus you are getting good equity with KQs.

Postflop as played: Here I would agree to your play as well. you have to call 0.90 in a 2.45 pot --> gives you pot odds of 2.7/1 not enough to call, but since he is a loose aggressive player you can most probably count on winning the rest of his stack (+1.70) if you complete. That now gives you the right implied pot odds 4.6/1.

Turn as played: I wouldn't check in this situation because opponent wouldn't probably fold his hand anyway and call you with a lot of weaker hands, but by checking you giving him a free card to complete his hand to a monster that might beat you in the end although there are not many possibilities (like trips -> Fullhouse). So I would put him All-in on the turn already.

Cheers
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Well, the problem with the Call on the flop is that practically we have to get his stack like almost always. Do you expect that to get. :) Also you have another guy behind you, who might easily just ship it. Really close spot. But as played not much to add, no point to ship the turn anyways which may him sometimes even make weaker hands to fold.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Well, the problem with the Call on the flop is that practically we have to get his stack like almost always.

You know how I thought - I could raise him on flop. But he is never folding. If he is never folding -> I get his entire stack. That was the logic :)