Reading articles vs. Videos&Posting Hands

Bronze
      What do you think - is watching videos and posting hands in the forum not a more effective method of learning how to play BSS SH cash games than reading articles?
      Can one do without reading articles and focus on the videos and hand forums?

There's just so many articles in the strategy section!
  • 5 replies
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      The slow way (cheapest): do both. You can't avoid any of them.

The better method: invest some money in a coach. He'll find some of your major leaks, the smaller leaks you should post them in hand evaluation forum.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Avatars91

From my experience as both a learner and teacher, I have found that different people learn in very diverse ways, as well as at different speeds.

Some - like myself - may really enjoy the live coachings but actually get more out of the articles or videos. I personally find it hard to assimilate the information contained within a book for example, a point given weight by my epic struggles at university. :D
      Others may learn best when privately coached, or in sweat sessions etc.
      I expect you have preferred methods yourself.

It takes all sorts to make the world. :)

Have fun,

Mal.
      Bronze
      I just want to know if I'm not missing information by not reading the articles i.e. can all the article information be obtained through other ways that have already been mentioned in this tread?
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      don't read the articles like a novel, read them like reference material.

Figure out your weaknesses or what you don't know enough yet, and pick the suitable material to help you in that area.

It's the same with videos, they are not episodes of telenovella, so don't go watching every single one just because they are released, watch the ones that will help you.

Also, don't just go thru them once, revisit them when you have time or when you need a refresher
      Bronze
      don't read the articles like a novel, read them like reference material. Figure out your weaknesses or what you don't know enough yet, and pick the suitable material to help you in that area. It's the same with videos, they are not episodes of telenovella, so don't go watching every single one just because they are released, watch the ones that will help you. Also, don't just go thru them once, revisit them when you have time or when you need a refresher

Now that's what I call high-quality input! Thanks for the advice!

Are there any articles that should definitely be read by someone who has switched to BSS SH recently? I'm at gold as you can see.