=== Exclusive Gemstone VIP Promotion ===

• dami
      dami
      Administrator
      Administrator

What is the Gemstone Promotion?

Earn Gemstones, get cash!
      This VIP promotion is exclusive to PokerStrategy.com and runs throughout the whole of 2012. The objective is simple: earn Gemstones for each 7,500 StrategyPoints you generate per month at one of our participating rooms.

At the end of 2012, we'll reward you with up to $200 per Gemstone earned. A Gemstone is worth up to $200, depending on the total amount of Gemstones you earn in 2012.

More Gemstones = More cash
      The more you earn, the higher the Gemstone value becomes and the higher your payout will be at the end of the year - extra volume is rewarded!

Added value on top of all other rewards!
      Please note that the cash you earn by collecting Gemstones is added on top of the rewards you'll receive from promotions like our Top250, our exclusive rake races and promotions run by the poker rooms.

Participating rooms:
      The table below lists the participating poker rooms along with a detailed analysis of how much cashback you receive at each room.

The figures are based on two examples:
      Example 1 - Earn 12 Gemstones in 2012 (1 Gemstone each month)
      Example 2 - Earn 50 Gemstones in 2012 (at least 4 Gemstones each month + 2 additional Gemstones)

Complete Offer at our Gemstone Poker Rooms
      Poker Room
      SP / $1 RakeEffective Return %
      Analysis Thread
      12 Gemstones in 201250 Gemstones in 2012
      PartyPoker 4.5StrategyPoints / $1 rake43%
      56%
      Poker Heaven Poker Heaven
      4StrategyPoints / €1 rake49%
      53%Go to analysis
      William Hill William Hill
      5StrategyPoints / $1 rake60%
      74%Go to analysis
      Everest Poker Everest Poker
      0.5StrategyPoints / 1 Summit Point40%
      57%Go to analysis
      Ladbrokes Poker Ladbrokes Poker4StrategyPoints / £1 rake37%
      39%Go to analysis
      Titan Poker Titan Poker3StrategyPoints / $1 rake58%58%Go to analysis
      WPT Poker 4.5StrategyPoints / $1 rake43%
      56%

Note: These calculations are based on the numbers used in the examples. They have been rounded to the nearest whole number and therefore may not be 100% accurate. Please check the detailed analysis for a more precise depiction.

How to collect Gemstones?

For every 7,500 StrategyPoints generated within one month at one of the participating poker rooms, you will earn 1 Gemstone. Please note that Bonus StrategyPoints DO NOT count towards the Gemstone promotion.

Examples:
      • A player generates 22,500 StrategyPoints in one month on one of the participating poker rooms. He will earn 3 Gemstones for this month.

• A player generates 20,000 StrategyPoints in one month on one of the participating poker rooms. He will earn 2 Gemstones for this month.

Important: The required 7,500 StrategyPoints must be generated at exactly one participating poker room in order to receive a Gemstone. You can, however, play at more than one of these participating poker rooms. The rules are the same: earn at least 7,500 StrategyPoints in a month at one participating room.

More Examples:
      • A player generates 11,000 StrategyPoints at Poker Room A and 14,000 StrategyPoints at Poker Room B (both poker rooms participate in the promotion). He earned a total of 25,000 StrategyPoints but he will receive 2 Gemstones for reaching the 7,500 StrategyPoint milestone on each of the rooms.

• A player generates 5,000 StrategyPoints at poker room A and 2,500 StrategyPoints at poker room B (both poker rooms participate in the promotion). Since he did not earn at least 7,500 StrategyPoints at any one poker room, he will not receive any Gemstones.

At the end of the year, all the Gemstones you have collected will be converted into cash according to the payout table. A Gemstone is worth between $150 and $200. Please note that you have to reach the next Gemstone tier in the payout table to get the next reward. Also, the number of Gemstones applied to the payout table are calculated after potential deductions have been considered. Please find details on this in the corresponding table below.

• At the end of 2012, a player has 23 Gemstones in total. His reward will be $4,000 and not $4,600. He would have needed 30 Gemstones in order to get to the next tier award of $6,000.

Gemstone Promotion - Payout
      # Payout
      1$150
      2$300
      3$450
      4$650
      5$800
      6$1,000
      7$1,200
      8$1,350
      9$1,500
      10$1,800
      11$2,000
      12$2,200
      13$2,350
      14$2,500
      15$3,000
      20$4,000
      30$6,000
      50$10,000
      100$20,000
      150$30,000
      200$40,000
      250$50,000

Consistency is rewarded

This promotion is all about consistency. Earning Gemstones every month will leave you with substantial rewards at the end of 2012, whereas months of inactivity will cost you Gemstones.

At the end of the year, we count the number of months in which you haven't earned a Gemstone. Months you missed before you earned your first Gemstone will not be counted. The total number of missed months after your first Gemstone month will determine the number of Gemstones being deducted from your year-end total and will follow the deduction table below.

Examples:
      • A player earns his first Gemstone in April and continues to earn at least one Gemstone per month until the end of the year. He won't have any missed months at all.

• A player earns his first Gemstone in May but no Gemstones in June and October. If he earns at least one Gemstone each month after May, only June and October will count as missed months.

• A player earns his first Gemstone in December. No deductions will apply.

Gemstone Promotion - Deductions
      Months with no Gemstones*Gemstones deducted
      1-1
      2-3
      3-6
      4-10
      5-15
      6-21
      *Deductions only apply to missed months
      after you earned your first Gemstone

Payout

The full year Gemstone cash amount will be paid out in January 2013, after all data has been collected.

The $150 additional cash amount for each Gemstones earned in January and February will be paid out in March 2012.

Note: Both cash amounts will be paid out directly into your poker room account(s). The payout will be carried out according to the amount of Gemstones you have at the end of the year at each of the participating poker room.

Example:
      At the end of the year, you have 11 Gemstones at Poker Room A and 4 Gemstones at Poker Room B. This equals 15 Gemstones in total worth $3,000. $2,200 will be paid into your Poker Room A account, while the other $800 goes into your account at Poker Room B.

Added value for Gemstones earned in January and February

For all Gemstones earned during the first two months of the promotion, you will receive an additional cash amount of $150 on top of your year-end reward.

Note: The extra $150 per Gemstone will be paid out straight away, in March 2012.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do bonus StrategyPoints count towards the 7,500 StrategyPoints?
      No, bonus StrategyPoints, such as double StrategyPoints promotions or points bought in the points shop, DO NOT count for the Gemstone Promotion.

Will there be any changes to the number of StrategyPoints given at the participating poker room?
      We reserve the right to change the amount of StrategyPoints we award at each of the participating poker rooms. If, for example, a particular market is regulated, some changes are required.

Can I play on several participating poker rooms at the same time?
      Yes, you can earn Gemstones on several participating poker rooms at the same time. However, you must generate at least 7,500 StrategyPoints on a single room per month to earn a Gemstone.

Can I get my cash amount paid out on another poker room or in my TAF, Skrill or NETELLER account?
      No, the money will only be paid out at the poker room where you earned the Gemstones.

Is the payout real cash or a clearable bonus?
      The prize you earn in the Gemstone Promotion is real cash, which means that you can play with it right away.

How will I receive the $150 for Gemstones earned in January and February?
      The extra $150 which is paid for every Gemstone earned in January and February will be paid out in March 2012. The money will be paid at the room(s) where you earned the Gemstones. The regular bonus of $150-$200 per Gemstone will be paid out in January 2013 using the same payment procedure.

How can I check to see how many Gemstones I have earned so far?
      On the left side of the home page, under the "My Points" section, you can see how many Gemstones you have earned per month so far this year.
  • 72 replies
    • Lanfear81
      Lanfear81
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      If you have any questions about this new exclusive promotion, dont hesitate to ask them here :s_cool:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Hope everyone will enjoy our new promotion!

I'm happy to help, please feel free to ad me on Skype! ingrid.nagy.ps

Ingrid
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      Does this replace top250 promo?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Anssi
      Does this replace top250 promo?
      Hey Anssi,

Hope you're enjoying the holidays!

The cash you earn by collecting Gemstones is added on top of the rewards you'll receive from promotions like our Top250, our exclusive rake races and promotions run by the poker rooms.

Please catch me on Skype anytime, we can discuss the details if you have more questions.

Hope this helps!
      Ingrid
    • sk345di
      sk345di
      Global
      Is the list of participating rooms final or there is a chance other rooms will be added?
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      Could you calculate and post details on how much do i need to rake in order to reach one gemstone? And preferably same info on each site.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Shevtshenko
      Could you calculate and post details on how much do i need to rake in order to reach one gemstone? And preferably same info on each site.
      Formula:
      7500 / SP per rake of your site = how much you need to rake to get bonus

Example (WH): 7500/5 = $1500 need to rake per gemstone = [b]EXTRA 12% RAKEBACK --> BASED ON 10 GEMSTONES PER YEAR[/B]
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by ragney
      Formula:

Example (WH): 7500/5 = $1500 need to rake per gemstone = [b]EXTRA 12% RAKEBACK --> BASED ON 10 GEMSTONES PER YEAR[/B][/quote]ragney beat me to it ;) thanks for helping out!

@Shevtshenko all clear now?

Ingrid
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sk345di
      Is the list of participating rooms final or there is a chance other rooms will be added?
      For now it is yes! Keep you posted if anything changes.
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by IngridN
      [quote]Originally posted by ragney
      Formula:

Example (WH): 7500/5 = $1500 need to rake per gemstone = [b]EXTRA 12% RAKEBACK --> BASED ON 10 GEMSTONES PER YEAR[/B][/quote]ragney beat me to it ;) thanks for helping out!

@Shevtshenko all clear now?

Ingrid[/quote]for the most part, yes. Thanks! Yet, would like a table that has all the info above calculated for all the sites. Would just be easier to see at first glance how much this affects the rb on each site.
    • darkprice
      darkprice
      Bronze
      William Hill: 1 gem/ $1500 rake
      PartyPoker: 1 gem/$2142,8 rake
      Poker Heaven: 1 gem/€1875 rake (~$2452)
      Titan Poker: 1 gem / $2500 rake
      Ladbrokes Poker: 1 gem / £1875 rake (~$2937)
      Everest Poker: 1 gem / 15000 Summit Point (~$1875-$15000)
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkprice
      :f_love: :heart:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you darkprice :)
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by darkprice
      Thanks man!
    • darkprice
      darkprice
      Bronze
      np
    • akrammon
      akrammon
      Bronze
      One (probably silly) question: If I only start playing in May for example, then the missed Jan-Feb-March-April counts as a 6 gemstone deduction?
    • Korn
      Korn
      Bronze
      Hi all,

just to let you know, I had posted in error about 30 minutes ago that the Gemstone promotion table in the news was wrong - in fact, I was wrong in thinking it contained a mistake, sorry for the mess up and the confusion - I guess I'm getting old :)
    • pibomarco
      pibomarco
      Bronze
      no pacific 888poker? :f_confused:
    • darkprice
      darkprice
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pibomarco
      no pacific 888poker? :f_confused:
      Nope :(