$4.66
      MP2:
      $7.46
      MP3:
      $3.41
      CO (Hero):
      $5.85

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, Q.
      MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0.17, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.45, BU calls $0.45, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.28.

Flop: ($1.42) 6, Q, 2 (3 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.90, BU raises to $1.80, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $5.40, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.22.
  • 5 replies
    • Echoes88
      Echoes88
      Bronze
      Hi!

Since there wasnt any coldcaller i might flat pre. I wouldn be sure that against an unknown my 3bet would be a bluff or a value one.

as played, The only real threat is 66 22, which isnt much of a combination. So his range going to be filled with bluff, and making him fold his bluffs is -EV. So id cbet/call here, and let him bluff.

He will have AA, KK sometimes, but thats a very little %.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, Sikac!

My comment to your hand is: wow. hehe.

I probably already disagree with 3betting MP2 with AQo. Unless you have reads he's a terrible player that calls all 3bets out of position and falls in love with top pair low kicker or something like that (in which case you can 3bet to isolate and play heads up in position) I really prefer calling or even folding pre.

Postflop, since you hit your hand and cbet, why do you 3bet the flop? I mean: if you think you're behind you *need* to fold as nothing better will call. If you think you're ahead I think calling is best to keep not only all his bluffs in (that might stab again on the turn) but also Qx - which will lose more money on further streets but will fold to your tremendous strength shown.

Always good to win a big pot, but not being results oriented you turned a hand as strong as AQo into a big bluff - which is a waste of the value a strong hand has.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by luizsilveira
      Hi, Sikac!

I probably already disagree with 3betting MP2 with AQo. Unless you have reads he's a terrible player that calls all 3bets out of position and falls in love with top pair low kicker or something like that (in which case you can 3bet to isolate and play heads up in position) I really prefer calling or even folding pre.

Postflop, since you hit your hand and cbet, why do you 3bet the flop? I mean: if you think you're behind you *need* to fold as nothing better will call. If you think you're ahead I think calling is best to keep not only all his bluffs in (that might stab again on the turn) but also Qx - which will lose more money on further streets but will fold to your tremendous strength shown.

Always good to win a big pot, but not being results oriented you turned a hand as strong as AQo into a big bluff - which is a waste of the value a strong hand has.
      Hey luizsilveira,

Ty for answer. I have a question. It is something that boders me. Veriz told me a few times that such a spot is better to 3bet then to call and give other players(3players behind in this case) great odds to call, especially the BB, as we don t wanna sit in a multiway pot with AQo even with position. AQs is a different situation. So what do you think about that I have to clear the dilema as I m confused and I got almost never criticized from him if I 3bet MP of course it is villian dependent.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Originally posted by luizsilveira
      Hi, Sikac!

Hey luizsilveira,

Ty for answer. I have a question. It is something that boders me. Veriz told me a few times that such a spot is better to 3bet then to call and give other players(3players behind in this case) great odds to call, especially the BB, as we don t wanna sit in a multiway pot with AQo even with position. AQs is a different situation. So what do you think about that I have to clear the dilema as I m confused and I got almost never criticized from him if I 3bet MP of course it is villian dependent.
      I'd very easily say that he knows much more than I do :D

Plus, even though I've played FR and still do occasionally my experience is more on shorthanded. Still, you were playing with 7 players so it shouldn't make thaaat much of a difference.

I can see though the arguments of 3betting but it does depend more on how the other players (including the blinds) play than anything else. In a completely unknown table I can see myself doing both, 3betting and calling - in both cases to find out how do they play, if they'll call from blinds if we cold call or call our 3bet if we do 3bet, etc.

Maybe I am indeed playing FR too passively. It's something I'll keep an eye for. But I keep thinking we can't really count on getting called (or raised) by worse and kind of turn AQ into bluff by making them fold a hand like pocket pairs (which are still ahead of us and might give us trouble postflop).

Anyway, he'll probably stop by and crush all my arguments :D

One last thing: you're 3bet is way too small it seems to me. It's not even 3x and at these limits I'd refrain from doing it less than 3,5x. I'd raise it up to $0.60 pre then.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Preflop: While we have so many opponents behind us then I'd really rather 3bet/Fold it. As I have said it's much easier to play the hand than play in multiway pot and then even overplay your TP. :)
      Postflop: Don't like the Bet/3bet either, what do you think he is going to continue? Rather keep bluffs and weaker hands in the play and just Call while you also have the position.

Best Regards.