[NL2-NL10] NL4; SH: ATs frm BB agnst UTG limper

Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $4.90 (122.5 bb)
      CO: $5.14 (128.5 bb)
      BTN: $1.32 (33 bb)
      SB: $1.02 (25.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $4.12 (103 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T A
      MP calls $0.04, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.18, MP calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.38) Q 9 J (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.28, Hero folds

Results: $0.38 pot ($0.02 rake)
      Final Board: Q 9 J
      MP mucked and won $0.36 ($0.18 net)
      Hero mucked T A and lost (-$0.18 net)

Our opponent's stats: VP/PFR/AF/3bt/hnds 23/6/1.5/0.0/49

We probably want to raise this as we should be ahead of his range and we can make him fold postflop. But is the raise size good?

Despite us having the OESD I decided not to cbet because the board hits him way too well and our outs are not clean. Was that a good decision?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

Actually the hand is great to isolate but I just don't see why we shouldn't CB here with OESD? We definitely have fold equity and equity against any hand, so therefore I'd CB the flop.

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      I was just afraid because this is the sort of a flop that hits our opponent extremely often. I probably should have cbet that.

But cbetting here is not always the best play, right? I mean, if we are up against a calling station, does it make sense? Even with the OESD, because not all of our outs are clean and we can't make any pair fold, maybe not even small pockets.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Avatars91
      I was just afraid because this is the sort of a flop that hits our opponent extremely often. I probably should have cbet that.

But cbetting here is not always the best play, right? I mean, if we are up against a calling station, does it make sense? Even with the OESD, because not all of our outs are clean and we can't make any pair fold, maybe not even small pockets.
      Well, most likely I would even CB vs a station. If we do hit then we can get paid big time. Also we definitely have fold equity there as well. Sometimes maybe even ahead and getting value from draws as well. :P