reloaded on pokerstars..what now?

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      hi everyone! I am a small stakes player and have good expertise in sit n go tourneys, a little better then cash games i think. I just deposited $23 on pokerstars cuz thats all i can afford at the moment.

Should I play the sit n gos or take that and grind out the cash games for now? I want to play the $1 by in 9 man sng's and I think $23 is sufficient enough to rebound from any immediate downswing I might have. I was wondering if anyone has experience in working a small roll from sit n go's and or cash games and why you might think they are the more profitable choice for someone like me who is really good at sit n go strategy, but also has had some sucess at cash games until i go on tilt and lose it all.

Best Regards'
      Andrew :)
  • 9 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi Andrew

With a $23 BR, you will have 15 games at the $1.50 SNGs.

This is no where near close enough the amount of buy-ins you would need to cover variance and will only end in disaster for you I'm afraid.

If you want to play SNGs, Stars do have .25c MTSNGs which are more affordable in your circumstances.

Even for 0.01/0.02c cash tables, you don't have enough of a bankroll to sustain the variance and would most likely go busto within a short period of time.

My advice for the moment would be to STUDY, STUDY and STUDY more. When you have more spare cash to deposit then play.

For the $1.50 SNGs you would require a minimum bankroll of $75 (that's 50 buy-ins) which should be enough to get you through any downswings.

Hope this was helpful.

Best regards,
      Gary
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      thanks for the advice gary!
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ilovemagic
      I am a small stakes player and have good expertise in sit n go tourneys
      There are some MTSNGs within your bankroll by far, that I heavily recommend. Most people I ask who are SnG players find it the quickest way to build a solid bankroll.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Here is a brief list of games under $1 available at PokerStars that would be more affordable for you:

- $0.02c Hyper Turbo (990 players)
      - $0.10c Regular Speed (240 players) 6 max
      - $0.10c Turbo (360 players)
      - $0.25c Regular (45 & 90 players)

There is also this option:

- $0.50c Turbo (45 & 90 players)

However, with 43 Buy-ins I wouldn't go straight to these without some practice and a decent win-rate at the previous levels. You can never be too safe with your bankroll :)

Hope this helped,
      Gary
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      all of those tourneys are well within what i am comfortable losing :) and its not like i have nothing left if i lose this $$...christmas/payday is right around the corner and im only down $25 in the last month and i got a lot of play out of the last $25 i spent...i just got careless on a downswing and was investing too much of my bankroll into one game...ex 10% of my roll into one sng because i was pissed :P ....but i will not let this $ go as easy as the last $25 :)

this time once i build a sufficent roll ex 50 BI to the $1.5 sng i will be careful when i go on adownswing and not play when im tired anymore:)

thanks peoplesss!!! :)
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      How is the variance for that game? Im assuming its astronomical since hypers are essentially push/fold festivals.
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      Originally posted by esuohdla
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      How is the variance for that game? Im assuming its astronomical since hypers are essentially push/fold festivals.
      Nah its only 990 players and you have 10 blinds to start with, it's practically variance free
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      im playing the final table of a 106 player $1 tourney on stars right now !!!!! wish me luck!!!!!

update:
      just went out in 4th! won $10 :) nice start to my day! also played in a $1,50 sng and finished 2nd and won whatever 2nd gets :) +++EV on the day :)
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerovit
      Nah its only 990 players and you have 10 blinds to start with, it's practically variance free
      I know that, but some BRM guidelines if i decide to play em myself would be a nice start :P