Beginner Questions

• HighLevelAK
      HighLevelAK
      Basic
      Hello everyone!

I have few questions and i thought here could be the right place to ask:

- is Heaven Poker a proper platform to join and play NL Holdem Heads-Up games based on 2players?
      - for 1€ limit, would be safe to play with a 100€ bankroll?
      - what strategy articles and videos are the most interesting to read for my game style?
      - what applications may i use for opponents history and also for session result/review?
      - how many games have to win from 50 to call it a good session?

Thank you!
  • 9 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi HighLevelAK,

welcome to our forums! it appears that you are interested in HU play, right?
      first, take a look at this thread and read through it. you might find some things which interest you regarding videos you will want to watch, bankroll management, etc.

HU sng Videos and Articles

i am not sure about the traffic on Poker Heaven. you probably mean HU SNG's right? because i do not think HU cash games go that low and only start at significantly larger buy-ins. the best way would be to take a look yourself even without depositing just by downloading the software here:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/poker-heaven/download/

you will want to use our links/codes so that in the future you will be able to play tracked and keep increasing in status. somehow i feel that there won't be that much traffic because it is one of the smaller rooms. PokerStars and Party Poker are the biggest rooms, you will probably have more luck finding many games running there. you can follow the links here:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/online-poker-rooms/

if you are interested learning or downloading some poker software, go to Strategy --> Poker Tools (tabs above), voila!

smiles,
      wendy
    • HighLevelAK
      HighLevelAK
      Basic
      Not sure if 2 players game HU it'S called SnG, but if yes then that's the game i want to play. Each player has 1500 chips and who gets all 3000 in the end wins the money.
      Probably will get a decent number of games there too, especialy when i dont look for a big volume and wish to play less games but win most of the games.

Thank you for answers!
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HighLevelAK
      Not sure if 2 players game HU it'S called SnG, but if yes then that's the game i want to play. Each player has 1500 chips and who gets all 3000 in the end wins the money....
      Yes, this sort of tournament is also called SNG. :)
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      :f_thumbsup:
      Originally posted by Silicernium
      Not sure if 2 players game HU it'S called SnG, but if yes then that's the game i want to play. Each player has 1500 chips and who gets all 3000 in the end wins the money....
      Yes, this sort of tournament is also called SNG. :)
      :f_thumbsup:
    • HighLevelAK
      HighLevelAK
      Basic
      It's possible to get answers to my other questions too please? Thanks!
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      which particular one? have you read the other thread yet and the links it contained? i think that contains the answers you were asking about. :)

but if we missed something, just ask away
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Hello everyone!

I have few questions and i thought here could be the right place to ask:

- is Heaven Poker a proper platform to join and play NL Holdem Heads-Up games based on 2players? I do not know Heaven Poker, but I think on all platforms you can make the lowest stage of HU SNG when you read the theory on Strategy
      - for 1€ limit, would be safe to play with a 100€ bankroll?Yes, in my opinion, this is a safe BR. If you beat the limit, your downs will not be higher than 10-20 Buy ins I think. But more information you can find inside the strategy articles linked by Wendy.
      - what strategy articles and videos are the most interesting to read for my game style? You have received a link from Wendy for more information about this point inside her first answer
      - what applications may i use for opponents history and also for session result/review? You can use the freepokerdb <-- Click me for your session review. And I think, you can get with this program also a HUD
      - how many games have to win from 50 to call it a good session? This is different from player to player. You can win more than 50% and you are not happy about your play or you win less than 50% but you did everything right.

Thank you!
      OK, here are your answers directly. :)
    • HighLevelAK
      HighLevelAK
      Basic
      Thanks a lot for fast replies :)
      Now i just need to study a bit more before starting to play.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey HighLevelAK,

Where are you planning to play? I noticed that you're still have the basic avatar. Have you requested the free $50 yet? :)

Ingrid