sighless
      Bronze
      No wonder it seems impossible to pass :(
      I can't get 100 % in any test ;(
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

The test is different each time for each community, in fact for each user. It also depends on which test you pick.

Thankfully you'll have the answers in the strategy articles which you should study before taking the quiz =)

:) good luck boys!

Ingrid
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Calcul0n
      100% im pretty sure, i failed once and got 100% the next time
      No, you do not need 100%.

And you have enough time to look up the answers inside the articles during the test.

Damn, have a telefon call during answering. :(
    • sighless
      sighless
      Bronze
      PASSED ! :D NO LIMIT :D
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sighless
      weee!! congrats!! where are you getting your free $50 starting capital then?
    • sighless
      sighless
      Bronze
      Haha. Problem! I don't know which software works on a mac D:
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Think carefully about this decision. The different rooms have rules to unlock the $50.

In Example: On Partypoker you need to reach 100PP. For an absolutly beginner is it not easy to reach. You need to play 40000 Hand on NL2 during 150 Days.
    • sighless
      sighless
      Bronze
      Harder than I thought -_- So many strings attached. May as well stick to good old Zynga Poker or PokerStars. haha
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      if you tell us which poker rooms you thinking, I can help you with the details of clearing the bonus.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      If you are a decent player, with any amount of spare time on ur hands, if you play even 2-3000 hands a week which is not hard to do, you should get there in no time.

21 weeks x 3000 hands per week = 60000+ hands and lots of PP and rake :)

hope this helped !! and if you dont get there ...oh well, you were just gonna go back to playing play money poker anyways !! :) :f_cool:
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      i never thought of the requirements as hard. when i was a beginner, i finished in 3 weeks using proper brm. someone even cleared it in 3 days but that's got to be a record.

if it's just for fun, you have nothing to lose anyway, right? :)

congrats on passing the quiz and welcome to the forums!

smiles,
      wendy
    • WpgJets
      WpgJets
      Bronze
      I didn't see a percentage when I failed. I know that I did pretty well, but not 100% for sure. There was one ambiguous question that couldn't be answered without guessing. There were repeats of questions and also questions with grammatical errors. It's hard to place faith in the value of the reading material with all of these problems in the test.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Silicernium
      Think carefully about this decision. The different rooms have rules to unlock the $50.

In Example: On Partypoker you need to reach 100PP. For an absolutly beginner is it not easy to reach. You need to play 40000 Hand on NL2 during 150 Days.
      40000 hands/150 days = Just 266 hands per day!!! Easy game

And because ofc you will be studying hard and improving hopefully everyday you will soon be bringing more tables into play or playing longer sessions, 150 days is 5 months of play time thats plently of chance to crush nl2 and move to nl5 again bringing the number of hands needed to unlock the $50 down.

Anyway good luck everyone go crush the tables
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ExternalUseOnly
      Originally posted by Silicernium

40000 hands/150 days = Just 266 hands per day!!! Easy game

And because ofc you will be studying hard and improving hopefully everyday you will soon be bringing more tables into play or playing longer sessions, 150 days is 5 months of play time thats plently of chance to crush nl2 and move to nl5 again bringing the number of hands needed to unlock the $50 down.

Anyway good luck everyone go crush the tables
      Yes, if you have the time as a beginner, than it could be a easy game. But if you learn not fast enough, than it is difficult to play the Hands at one ore two tables.

But I have made a thread in the german com about this thing, and they said the same as you. :)
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Haha. Problem! I don't know which software works on a mac D:
      Hi Sighless

I'm playing on a mac as well. Pokerstars and party poker have a software that runs on Mac.

For tracking software you need to be looking at Pokertracker 3. Holdem manager doesn't have a mac software yet.

If you go for party the problem is that the hand history is in a format which PT3 can't read, so Party has to do an update. About stars I don't know.

I Play on party and use holdem manager. I installed parallels, didn't want to but otherwise I couldn't use a HUD and that was no option.

Then there are clients which provide an instant play software. This means you can play without installing it. 888 poker for example uses this. They don't have a mac-software, but you can play in your browser. Problem again no HUD I think and you can only see 1 table I think no matter how big your screen is.

My advice go to stars, it's the easiest one.

Hope I helped you out a bit.

Regards
      RasTweet
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by WpgJets
      I didn't see a percentage when I failed. I know that I did pretty well, but not 100% for sure. There was one ambiguous question that couldn't be answered without guessing. There were repeats of questions and also questions with grammatical errors. It's hard to place faith in the value of the reading material with all of these problems in the test.
      if you notice grammatical errors, dont hesitate to flag them so they can be corrected. the poker experts which created most of the articles were non-native english speakers. this doesn't mean that their lessons have any less value though. in fact, the english community is rather young and a lot smaller compared to the original russian and german communities we have :)

thanks for the tips RasTweet! :heart:
      however, stars doesnt offer the starting capital so you might have to go with Party. i dont think a hud is really necessary yet if you are playing nl2. :)
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      ... i dont think a hud is really necessary yet if you are playing nl2. :)

I've got the 2nd $50 on Party and I play there only without HUD. I think, it is not necessary on NL2-NL10. I only play 4-6 tables and it is running well so far without HUD.

I think, you can learn the game better, if you play without HUD at the beginning.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      Originally posted by WpgJets
      thanks for the tips RasTweet! :heart:
      however, stars doesnt offer the starting capital so you might have to go with Party. i dont think a hud is really necessary yet if you are playing nl2. :)
      True true. But if he does build up a bankroll or he wants to play with a HUD. Just to make sure he/she knows and doesn't get an unpleasant surprise in the future.

And I do play with a HUD on NL2 Don't use it very often but once in a while it is useful.

Regards
      RasTweet