Everest Poker Problem

• killamindz
      killamindz
      Bronze
      Hi,

I haven't received my starting capital yet but I thought I'd click the verify my account button on Everest anyway...

Now they've locked my account and in order for me to get it unlocked I have to provide the following:

" * Photo ID
      * Front & back of Credit Cards
      * Credit Card statements
      * Purchase Authorization form
      "

This is a serious problem because I don't have a credit card, let alone credit card statements...

I'm not sure what "purchace authorization form" is either...

What should I do? Thinking of giving up on the pokerstrategy starting capital and just going back to iPoker :(
  • 13 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi killamindz,

Welcome to our community!

Please don't freak out :D

I understand this is frustrating, but have you emailed them back and let them know that you don't have a credit card? I mean, they can't ask you for something which you don't have.

Your free $50 starting capital is already in a status where I can not stop it so it will be credited to your account very soon I believe. Unless Everest Poker sends it back to us since your account is blocked.

Can you please let me know when you contacted them and copy their reply?

Thank you
      Ingrid
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Hallo!

Why do you need a credit card to verify your acc?

Go and send them your photo ID and a purchase authorization.
      Purchase Authorization: I think they mean a telefon bill or an other bill with your adress on it.

And after that wait for an answer.
    • killamindz
      killamindz
      Bronze
      Oh thanks for the quick replies, I will email them now with my photo ID.

In regards to the purchase authorization, seems I need a credit card for that also?

Print and sign a Purchase Authorization form for your credit cards. Click here to get your form.
      Should I email Everest Poker support, or IBS (internet billing services) who do the security check for them?

Thanks!
    • killamindz
      killamindz
      Bronze
      I have emailed them, off to bed now have to get up early, will update you on the situation tomorrow.

:)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by killamindz
      I have emailed them, off to bed now have to get up early, will update you on the situation tomorrow.

:)
      i wouldn't worry too much. ID checks are pretty standard in almost all poker rooms. some people get that when they try to withdraw which result in a lot of rant threads if you search around. it is good actually to verify your account early to avoid future delays. btw, if you don't have a credit card, you will not need to send it obviously. :f_biggrin:

will wait for your update.

cheers,
      wendy
    • killamindz
      killamindz
      Bronze
      I think I got it sorted, although they completely ignored my email, the starting capital has come through and my account isn't frozen as the email said it was.

But Everest has just fucked me over!

I was playing a tourny, got my chip stack up from 1500 to 4500, got delt pocket kings.

Shoved in half of my stack preflop, everest poker says my connection is good (which it is, fast broadband) and for some fucking reason it froze, mutliple people reraised all in after me and because it was frozen my hand timed out and folded!

I would have won the entire pot but instead I lost half of my stack!

I commented in the chat box about it and someone else told me it had happened to them three times this year at Everest.

I can't see any point in playing poker here if this is going to happen.

Fuming!
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      i'm glad the issue got sorted and you got your starting capital. maybe the id was simply verified and the account unlocked for use.

it sucks to hear about the disconnection problem though. that is really frustrating.
      same thing has happened to me many times not only in everest (basically all rooms ive played).
      no site has flawless connection servers i'm afraid to say. the important thing is not to tilt or else it will mess up the rest of the game for you.

i hope you will calm down and get ready to go back and crush the tables.
    • killamindz
      killamindz
      Bronze
      I turned off Everest after that happened and went back to iPoker...

Might give it another crack soon, but first I'd like my tournament buy in refunded.

I think that's only fair!

Thanks
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by killamindz
      I turned off Everest after that happened and went back to iPoker...

Might give it another crack soon, but first I'd like my tournament buy in refunded.

I think that's only fair!

Thanks
      Hallo!

I think, you will not get your buyin back. The reason for this freezing could also be a fault from your provider. And as Wendy said, it happens everywhere someday.

Or did you play a tourney with a high buyin and your BR ist nearly away?!
    • killamindz
      killamindz
      Bronze
      No, there was no fault for my provider...I am trained as a computer/internet technician and I assure you given what I have explained above this is a rather illogical suggestion.

However, sure enough I have gotten a bunch of excuses from Everest in response to my email.

I'm not going to bother trying to get anywhere with this.

However, I have continued playing regardless and managed to get my bankroll up to $70. I've been playing the guaranteed MTT's, cashing consistently, and I must say I have never been at a website with so many fish in my life...I came third in the last MTT, would have been second or first if the other fish didn't call my AJ suited all in shove with Q10 and hit a 10...

Playing another one at the moment and coming 1st. Wish me luck.

Just a quick question, if I get my bankroll up to say $350, could I cash out $300 and leave the $50 in there for you guys? Or do I have to wait the 120 days regardless?

Thanks.
    • killamindz
      killamindz
      Bronze
      I just got fucked by a fish...

I have QJ, raise large preflop in position, flop comes 89J

other player checks

I shove all in

He calls with K7.... Turn is 10, river is Q

knocked out 3 places before cashing after playing this MTT for almost 2 hours.

I feel like smashing the laptop. What the fuck is wrong with some people?

I have never encountered retards like this anywhere but Everest...What the fuck.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      It's good to hear that you managed to stick it out and reaping the benefits. :)
      Best software also obviously attracts the best grinders ;) More fish also means better winrate but also more suckouts and bad beats. it seems to me like you need to work on your mindset a little bit. you can't afford to tilt with every bad beat. MTT's are also the worst of these with bad beats practically guaranteed everyday.

anyway, to answer your question,

Cashout of Free50 and winnings only possible when 120 days have been passed and 1,000 Summit Points generated.

both conditions need to be fulfilled so it looks like you still have a little bit of time to spend with the fishes which isn't necessarily a bad thing in my opinion.

good luck and keep us updated! :)

there are some nice articles on psychology and tilt in the strategy section. i would start of with them, and then progress to some books like Poker Mindset and Eightfold Path to Poker enlightenment as well as Jared Tendler's book and thread here Clickety click click.

i am not sure whether the QJ hand was played optimally. how many bb's does everyone have? is it really better to raise when:
      1. it seems quite multi-way already? (is it a bluff, you hope they will fold? will they ever fold? or do you raise for value because you think you are ahead?)
      2. QJ plays really nicely in multiway pots
      3. you are in position
      why do you prefer to raise "large" and how big is that raise? depending on your/their stack size, sometimes it is better to shove directly. i am not saying the fish played correctly (i think he played it horrible) but just wanted to illustrate that this is more how you should be thinking.
      i am not an MTT hand judge but you shld start posting your hands in there to make sure that you are playing optimally. to become better at this game, you need to be a little bit less result oriented and more focused on making the correct decisions for every hand. :)

i hope you can understand what i am saying because i only bothered writing such a wall of text in order to help you. whining about bad beats doesn't really get anybody very far. :) at the rate you are going, i wouldn't be surprised to see you complain about bad beats again tomorrow which are actually very standard in this game we have chosen to play.
    • killamindz
      killamindz
      Bronze
      Thanks for the reply - read it in full ;)

Every time i get a bad beat like this i turn the poker off and go do something else for at least 12 hours.

In regards to whining about bad beats online, I think it helps psychologically to get it out of my system and have others consolidate the fact that that's a part of poker not to stress etc.

In response to the why did I shove all in question, you're quite correct I only had one pair, the ante and blinds were at the point where they were so high that I was half going for a steal, usually wouldn't shove with 1 pair...Other than that reflecting on the situation now I would play it differently, perhaps give the fish a little more respect, whether he deserved it or not.

Anyway, I'm still up on the original starting capital, although I was so close to winning a few hundred last night, going to give it another crack in about 20 minutes now that I've had a sleep and feeling refreshed.

Thanks for the help :)