This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AA hand

• TheAttitude
      TheAttitude
      Basic
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Known players:
      SB:
      $3.83
      BB:
      $1.05
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU (Hero):
      $2.03

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, A.
      CO folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB calls $0.05, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.14) 2, Q, 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.14, SB raises to $0.32, Hero calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.78) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.44, Hero calls $0.44.

River: ($1.66) Q (2 players)
      SB bets $3.01, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.66.

I put him on 99, 22 or maybe Q9 after the play....on the flop I put him on a strong Q something like KQ, so I called it (and I was considering bluff also)
      Should I fold it earlier and where?
  • 1 reply
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      It depends what sort of player the villain is. If he is passive postflop in general we can fold to his turn bet I think, if he's aggressive we still have to fold to the river bet, since Qx is most certainly a large part of his range.

Do we think he's capable of c/r the flop with flushdraws? If so what else is he raising with? Top pair? Or is it just semi-bluffs and 2 pair+? If so we can fold the turn.

If he's been spewy before and we've seen him 3barrel bluff a lot I guess we can sometimes cry-call the river, but his river bet gives it all away to me. He overshoves the river when the second Q comes, and generally at these limits bet sizing tells us the strength of villain's hand, and this is strong!

Good fold on the river in my opinion.