[NL2-NL10] NL10 6max KQs vs BB 3bet

• arinho
      arinho
      Bronze
      No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($20.60)
      CO ($14.25)
      Hero (Button) ($10)
      SB ($9.90)
      BB ($17.72)
      UTG ($10.15)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, K
      3 folds, Hero bets $0.30, 1 fold, BB raises $0.90, Hero calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.05) 7, 8, 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $1.50, Hero raises $9 (All-In), BB calls $7.50

Turn: ($20.05) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($20.05) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $20.05

this was the 5th hand on the table...he already 3bet from BB once before...
      I think shoving with FD+overcards is fine...
      what if I had an overpair....shove as well?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello arinho,

Preflop: I am not a huge fan of calling in that spot especially if you just saw him once 3betting you. Of course it's possible if we expect him 3bet rather looser but now again I'd be towards against unknown just fold the hand.

As played
      Postflop: If you expected him to have rather wider 3betting range then yes, we ain't gonna fold our hand with FD+overcards and maybe even fold equity.

Best Regards.
    • arinho
      arinho
      Bronze
      thank you Veriz...

if I should fold KQs there against unknown...how wide would he need to raise to call KQs and maybe some similar hand like QJs, JTs?
      what about small pocket pairs?

what would you call with against an unknown?
      what would you raise/call?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      if I should fold KQs there against unknown...how wide would he need to raise to call KQs and maybe some similar hand like QJs, JTs?

Well, it's not only how wide you should steal but as well how wide does the opponent 3bet against you?

what about small pocket pairs?

Most likely with PPs we can still set mine here cause he is doing such a small 3bet. Call15 rule can be used here.

what would you call with against an unknown?

I'd base a lot of my table dynamics and how I see the opponent. It just can't be that it's gonna be always an unknown. So practically if it's really true then only with strong hands which ain't dominated and which are strong PPs or something similar.

what would you raise/call?

Value-hands mainly and KK+ of course. :)