NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($17.40)
      BB ($9.44)
      UTG ($12.16)
      UTG+1 ($7.26)
      CO ($12.06)
      Hero ($10.47)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: A:club:

UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, SB raises to $1.75, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.25

FLOP ($3.80) 2:diamond: 2:club: 6:spade:

SB bets $2, Hero folds

SB wins $3.61

23/18/2.2,
      cbet 72,
      cbet turn 47
      3bet vs steal in SB 14 (37),
      fold to 4bet 80 (5)
      WTSD 29
      W$SD 72
      hands 665

This player makes lots of 3bet bluffs. So probably we can call and dominate hims worse Ax and Kx.

But on such flop he proabably has a hand. Or not. Depends on what he puts me on. If he puts me on overcards then he can cbet with air there.
  • 10 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

If you are calling it preflop then most likely I'd still Call also the flop since you beat practically the same hands here. Or do you expect him to have only made hands in his 3bet CBetting range?

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Or do you expect him to have only made hands in his 3bet CBetting range?

as I said - if he puts me on overcards, then he should bluff there. But does he put me on the overcards too often? I don't know :( He could not cbet AJ if he knows I have overpair most often.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Or do you expect him to have only made hands in his 3bet CBetting range?

as I said - if he puts me on overcards, then he should bluff there. But does he put me on the overcards too often? I don't know :( He could not cbet AJ if he knows I have overpair most often.
      For that given part I'd peel the flop and reevaluate it on the turn.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold

But aren't we losing lots of money when calling just to know if we are good against him? He might even 2nd barrell. Another maybe good reason to call is with the intention to float.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

But aren't we losing lots of money when calling just to know if we are good against him? He might even 2nd barrell. Another maybe good reason to call is with the intention to float.
      Why should we be loosing? :) Then you are already loosing money by calling preflop. Since you did put there him on a wider range, which means that on vs such a CBetting range on the flop you are far head.

Also the guy has a small CB on turn which is most likely towards him Check/Folding the turn.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Since you did put there him on a wider range, which means that on vs such a CBetting range on the flop you are far head.

But such flop is bad for cbets, so I think he should cbet with stronger range. At least if I were him, I would have checked this flop I guess, because I don't see to many hands I could make fold. Of course he migth not think like that, and cbet like standart. Or would I have also made mistake if I would check if I were him (with overcards I mean) ?

Edit: I mean I aggree that he has wide range preflop, but why should he cbet with all this wide range on such flop where he cannot represent anything but overpair?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Since you did put there him on a wider range, which means that on vs such a CBetting range on the flop you are far head.

But such flop is bad for cbets, so I think he should cbet with stronger range. At least if I were him, I would have checked this flop I guess, because I don't see to many hands I could make fold. Of course he migth not think like that, and cbet like standart. Or would I have also made mistake if I would check if I were him (with overcards I mean) ?
      Do you think he understands that? It's so common that people don't understand the calling ranges and more often they CB in 3bet pots to get fold equity. I am pretty sure you had also the same mistake during your poker career and maybe even have not that you may CB too much in 3bet pots. ;)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Do you think he understands that? It's so common that people don't understand the calling ranges and more often they CB in 3bet pots to get fold equity. I am pretty sure you had also the same mistake during your poker career and maybe even have not that you may CB too much in 3bet pots.

Might be the case that he understands, might be not. But he looks like reasonable player. So again its guessing game. But maybe if we avoid guessing game, then we can avoid variance? Maybe by calling when not knowing his range we are making at best breakeven decition?

One thing that comes to my head is to call and test if he barrels the turn. If not, then take a note. But there is not 100% chacnce that the test will succeed, cause he might have overpair or hit the turn and still barrel and we won't know if it was a bluff on flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Do you think he understands that? It's so common that people don't understand the calling ranges and more often they CB in 3bet pots to get fold equity. I am pretty sure you had also the same mistake during your poker career and maybe even have not that you may CB too much in 3bet pots.

Might be the case that he understands, might be not. But he looks like reasonable player. So again its guessing game. But maybe if we avoid guessing game, then we can avoid variance? Maybe by calling when not knowing his range we are making at best breakeven decition?

One thing that comes to my head is to call and test if he barrels the turn. If not, then take a note. But there is not 100% chacnce that the test will succeed, cause he might have overpair or hit the turn and still barrel and we won't know if it was a bluff on flop.
      One idea I could give you is to try to put the opponent on a range and then try putting the same flop and then see how your hand does. :) And you will figure it out how good you are there or not and how often you have to make the Call profitable.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      flop 2d2c6s

Equity Win Tie
      MP2 53.56% 47.93% 5.64% AcKd
      MP3 46.44% 40.80% 5.64% 22+, A7s+, K9s+, ATo+, KJo+

Against taht range - not that great, only slightly winning. Plus if he does not cbet all of this rane, it might become even worse. But, yeah, if he likes to bluff there, its callable.