This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Who plays 3c/6c...Anyone?

• surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Hi Pokers Strategists, Learning to WIN,
      The step up at 888 is really tricky.
      After 1c/2c (usually 20 FR tables open to choose from; 9/9 players at each).
      The next step is 3c/6c and there is regularly less then 3 tables open,(2x 9/9 players and 1x 7/9 ish players)
      The next step is 5c/10c and there is usually the same amount of tables to choose from as the 1c/2c limit.(20 tables.)
      Why is the 3c/6c field so small?
      Is it the maths...It's not the min BI either...
      There has to be a reason...
      Last night there was 1 full table at 3c/6c and 1 6/9 table.
      It leaves for a thin field to play.
      Is this a good thing maybe... More newbies from 1c/2c or are they 5c/10c ers that are stepping down..
      I don't know but it makes for a big step from 1c/2c to 5c/10c.
      Cheers
      Simon
  • 3 replies
    • LockONNN
      LockONNN
      Bronze
      Hello Simon,

I had the same problem about 1 year and a half ago . I was able to beat NL2 but had to movedown first time at NL6. A month later I got back to NL6 (made the transition to SH) and I was able to beat the limit in only 20k hands .
      The field is really fishy it won't be difficult to beat those limits :P
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      Hi,

I actually like the 3/6 tables, I find them a nice balance between the NL2 and NL10, more so than the NL4 or NL5 that you find on other sites. They are nicely fishy and I wish there were more of them. I am playing NL10 at the moment and when I am unable to find a suitable Nl10 table, or when I am waiting for a seat I will often play NL6.

I started taking shots at them when my BR reached $120 or so and never looked back. I usually play 4 tables (more is just awful on 888 when they overlap on my small screen) and I replaced 1 NL2 table with a NL6 one.

I have never quite understood why there are so few of them open at a time. It was the same 18 months - 2 years ago when I was playing them last.

I also found similar when I was playing the NL30 tables a while back. They are a reasonable step between the NL20 and NL50 tables but for some reason they were fishier than either.
    • pibomarco
      pibomarco
      Bronze
      hi..

in april I've deposit 15$ and aprox in 6 months i've made 1200$ by playing 3/6c CAM tables (one table only).. made aprox 60k hands.. players structure is quite different on cam or non cam tables.. :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
      CAM rox :)