$2.22
      SB:
      $3.75
      BB:
      $2.62
      MP3:
      $0.89

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB folds, BB calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.13) J, Q, K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.09, BB raises to $0.24, Hero calls $0.15.

Turn: ($0.61) 3 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.45, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.61.

Villian is 38/21/3/20 over 790 hands
      Villian's raise flop is 6% (6/104)

Think its a fold here villian isnt going out of his way to make me fold on that board which hits my percieved range
  • 1 reply
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, donut10!

You're exactly right, it looks like a clear fold.

But I would have folded flop - unfortunately. But remember those folds make a huge difference between loosing and winning players; some people just can't fold their AA no matter how likely it is they are beat.

You villain's quite low raise flop means he's probably raising it with very strong hands - probably at least two pair. And you are quite right this is not a board he wants to bluff often since there are a ton of hands you won't fold there.

Problem is: if we call flop, what's our plan for the turn and river? Only good card for us is a non club ten! Even the A is bad, either because 1/2 the time it will be a 3rd club, either because it will complete a straight for any ten on his hand.

Bottom line is our hand will not improve and is too weak to hold pressure; our villain's hand is probably strong, can probably improve and will probably put lots of pressure on turn and river.

So, unfortunately, it's a fold on the flop. We're either already way behind or only slightly ahead since there are draws as strong as a T with a flush draw. Not worth it and wait for a better spot ;)