Question About Withdrawing for Luxury Items

• Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      Currently have a 740$ BR ,3700 BB (37 BI), Bank Roll to play NL20 FR/SH on 888 Poker, is it alright to withdraw 286$ 1430 BB's (14.3 BI) to buy a new CPU Core I7 2600 ,and leave 454$ ,2270 BB's (22.70 BI) to play NL20. I do make money through another source of income (9-5 Job) , tho I'm trying to save some cash for New Years :O . I also made all this money in 3 months from 60$ so.

Someone advise me, I really wanna play Battlefield 3 :P with my new CPU. cu
  • 6 replies
    • Fagin
      Fagin
      Bronze
      It's your money and your BR. Nobody else decides what you do with it.

If you want to take out all but $50 to have a holiday and then grind it back up on NL2 that is your decision.

The usual advice I have seen here is to withdraw 50% of your profits at the end of a month. This allows your BR to grow on a month by month basis and you to feel some $s in your pocket as a benefit from working on your game.

You have to decide where you will benefit most in the long term from your use of your BR, ie which use of the funds is the most +ev for you both in the poker part of your life and in the other parts of your life.

Doubt this helps much but you wanted an opinion and that is mine.
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      also using the cash to upgrade for these games also Diablo 3/Generals 3/ Black Ops2/MW4/Red Alert 4/
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      Bump
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      From what you've said, if you think you have the skill to play comfortably with your 22.7BI at nl20 and rebuild, I don't see why you shouldn't go for it! :)
      I would be quite happy to treat myself for all the work I've put in to grind it up, suffering all those suckouts and tilts and collers and hours and hours and... well you get my drift. :D

Fagin's idea is cool as well, taking x% of profits and using that. It helps ease the sad feeling of seeing your roll disappear before your eyes, unless that wouldn't make you lose your A game of course.

Regards,

Mal.
    • Heave112
      Heave112
      Bronze
      ran somewhat hot yesterday made 65$ in like 1.5 hours xD , I'm gonna end up taking a 200$ loan from my poker account ;o (just withdrew them,hopefully 888 poker cashout doesn't take more than 1-2 days), and return it when i get my next salary which is in 10 days :P I'm very nitty to see a less amount from my Broll, I feel it dis-motivates me, anyways since i'm returning it back to the Poker account I guess I can accept it :P , and on another note one huge advantage of doing this since all banks take interest :O my deposit bonus would be the perfect interest!!!! :D
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      You started playing poker to spend money on luxury items didn't you?

Withdrawing part of your BR to spend on something you want is definitely a good idea.