PLO8 Indicative stats for comment

• Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      H'okay.

I'm playing probably about as tight as it appears anyone profitable at PLO8 10 plays, and I'm after any thoughts on what adjustments (if any?!) to my play might suggest themselves based on the following:

VPIP: 16.0%
      PFR: 12.0%
      3Bet: 2.6% (but this is trending wider as I've just started to include AK2* in my 3Bet range)
      WTSD: 32.7%
      W$SD: 49.4%
      Flop cBet: 74.9%
      Flop cBet success: 37.3%
      Turn cBet: 42.2%

The sample is only the 12k hands I've played this month to date as my play has adjusted a reasonable amount from last month - especially in cBetting.

I've had a couple of periods with a flat non show down winnings line (of between 2-4k hands) mixed in with periods of ski slope non SD winnings. I suspect this is to do with the odd session/period of time where I don't focus enough on what boards/opponents I'm cBetting into. That may be reflected in the above Flop cBet stat.

I play tight from the CO and BTN still, and don't tend to open up unless I've got really nitty (ie stats like mine) blinds.

Should I loosen up preflop or is this a reasonable range? If I should loosen up I suspect it will be from late position, so what is a reasonable CO/BTN opening range v tight/TAGish blinds and v loose/passive blinds?

Thanks for any perspectives on this.
  • 3 replies
    • OrcaAoc
      OrcaAoc
      Gold
      A Nitty preflop style is correct especially on the low stakes. Playing loose requires alot more skill also which is another drawback if youb havent played that long yet. I would concentrate on improving postflop play that gives you a much bigger edge against bad opponents.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Thanks heaps for the feedback OrcaAoc! :f_cool:

I wondered whether playing very tight was correct (or at least not a major mistake).

FWIW I've started loosening up my stealing and overlimping/overcalling range (very slightly) OTB - depending on whether it is a weak player open limping/raising and whether there are nutters/aggro raisers in the blinds or not. Outside of that I'll just grind volume and keep posting hands to try and eliminate the occasional spew out of my post flop game.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Bump

Ribbo, any comments? Or is it waaaay too early or obvious to warrant an answer?