[NL2-NL10] KK Push ?

• Taswell
      Taswell
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10.51
      BB:
      $10

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:diamond: , K:spade:
      UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.10, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.10, CO folds, Hero raises to $0.70, SB folds, BB calls $0.60, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1.75) 2:spade: , 4:club: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.20, Hero raises to $4.00, BB raises to $6.80, Hero raises to $9.60, BB raises to $9.30 (All-In).

Turn: ($20.65) 4:heart:
      River: ($20.65) 9:spade:

Final Pot: $20.65
  • 12 replies
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      Nh, would have played it the same. He can have a set, but he could also have QQ, JJ, ... Just put your money in and see.
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      wp
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      nh
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      Is a fold too weak?
      We are behind most hands which could call our raise preflop and bet us to an all-in (56, 22/33/44). Or the possibility of vilain overplaying his QQ/JJ/TT really strong? (considering he can't have slowplayed an AA preflop of course)

I think i would have fold if vilain looked a little serious. Too weak?
    • Taswell
      Taswell
      Bronze
      Yeah, he showed lotsa strength on that flop, but I also suppose that with that flop he might have been playing draws (Flush, str8 draw with 5's/6's), the overpair push might also be the case if he put me on AK or sumtin.

He showed a set of 2's and took it down.........
    • Zuckerzocker
      Zuckerzocker
      Bronze
      Interesting Hand. I think the key question is if you can lay down your cards after your flop reraise. The little rereraise of your opponent looks very strong. But otherwise you had already put a lot of money in and good pot odds for a call.

Conclusion:
      I dont know what is the best decision in this case. But I know a fold is mentally very tough if you play that hand.
    • DoigteurFou
      DoigteurFou
      Bronze
      There was no reraise preflop, vilain had odds for the set value, so he could call with that.

He bets first, then 3bet our reraise. I really can't see a lot of hands played like that we could beat... Even with AA i would'nt play that flop the way vilain plays it... I'd really like a Judge's opinion about a fold here

@Taswell: no need to say what hand he had, we don't really care in fact, and it "kills" our reflexion on the hand.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think that fold is an option.
      But it depends a lot on the player.
      Some players are happy to get all-in with 55 or flushdraw+pair.
      After 3-bet you don´t have fold equity, but since board is so drawy, then it isn´t wrong to push.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Just wondering, how does a platinum guy play NL10 ? :D

Anyway, fold to his minraise. Minraises at microlimits are very often really strong moves. Forget QQ/JJ, they'd reraise that preflop if they would play it like this postflop.
      I lost too much money already on not respecting minraises.
    • Taswell
      Taswell
      Bronze
      LOLOLOL - Good point - I play a lot ! Also very sketchy at times.

I usually 9-12 table @ Everest @ NL 25 but had a bad run there so put a little cash into Party for a Change
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Thats hard one yes. I face that kinda decisions quite offen(at least 2 per day). What to do depends in my opinion how well i know player and ofocurse what are the odds to call and win.

Yesterday i had similar hand at NL0,02/0,04

I was UTG+3 with KK
      villian raise to 0,16 i raise to 0,50 he calls(others fold).

Flop(1,06$) 2h 5d Qd
      hero bets 1,06$, villian thinks and raise all in(which was almost 4,5$) i called since i putted him on AQ or AK.

He had AdKd and river came diamont so i lost. But at least i putted him on right hand range and i didn't had fold equity even against AdKd when i already putted 1,5$ in and had 3,5$ to call at least inmy opinion. I don't use programs yet maybe is mistake but i think is 50% 50% chance to win against that range and i even checked now equilator and is 53% vs 47% :)

Would you fold if you give his range to AQ or even AdKd in this flop?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by slikec
      Thats hard one yes. I face that kinda decisions quite offen(at least 2 per day). What to do depends in my opinion how well i know player and ofocurse what are the odds to call and win.

Yesterday i had similar hand at NL0,02/0,04

I was UTG+3 with KK
      villian raise to 0,16 i raise to 0,50 he calls(others fold).

Flop(1,06$) 2h 5d Qd
      hero bets 1,06$, villian thinks and raise all in(which was almost 4,5$) i called since i putted him on AQ or AK.

He had AdKd and river came diamont so i lost. But at least i putted him on right hand range and i didn't had fold equity even against AdKd when i already putted 1,5$ in and had 3,5$ to call at least inmy opinion. I don't use programs yet maybe is mistake but i think is 50% 50% chance to win against that range and i even checked now equilator and is 53% vs 47% :)

Would you fold if you give his range to AQ or even AdKd in this flop?
      On NL 5 level I´m happy to get my money all-in with overpair in re-raised pot.
      He could have here any pp or flushdraw and you can´t make these laydowns on Nl 5 level if players are aggressive.