[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH, 3b pot IP

• edismah
      edismah
      Bronze
      What is his range here? This guy is a pretty standard reg and his squeeze is 11%. I was stealing and isolating a fish all the time so my image is lagish.
      At the time I was thinking like "his range must be wiiiiiiiiiiide, a lot of SC, or just random bluffs, he's never doing this with AK, AQ, AJ. Am I wrong?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($20)
      BB ($23.14)
      UTG ($24.45)
      Hero ($22.42)
      BTN ($23.72)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, SB calls $0.50, BB raises to $2.20, Hero calls $1.60, fold

FLOP ($5) 2:heart: 3:heart: A:spade:

BB bets $2.80, Hero calls $2.80

TURN ($10.60) 2:heart: 3:heart: A:spade: K:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $3.80, BB raises to $18.14 (AI)

Stats:

• 2 replies
    • Mauzer77
      Mauzer77
      Bronze
      Hi!

First of all I would fold preflop. Or when I think he is playing back, then I prefer 4bet instead of call. His sqz size is small so that could work. There are 2 problems with call: your hand is weak and will be dominated a lot of time, the fish might call which decrease your chance to take the pot without hitting.

As played, I think he will have AQ-AK-AJ-AA more times then a random bluff. Actually I would also c/r turn with these hands (or maybe c/c if you are agro/maniac), and c/f everything else. He doesnt really have to protect his TP/set. You wont have straight draw, sometimes you will have flushdraw, but you will also float those and bet turn most the times (or fold to his turn bet). So I think with AA there is more value in checking then betting turn. I think he only loses value against hands like KQ :heart: KJ :heart: which is checking turn and AJ-AQ if you check them on turn.

With your AT I would choose potcontrol on turn because I dont want to face a c/r + I dont see much value.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I generally think if you bet turn you should more often b/c than b/f. If you think that player is tricky you can always go pot control, since he would barrel most of the times with draws and you most of the times get c/f by worse hands.

he's never doing this with AK, AQ, AJ. Am I wrong?
      - some players also mix up sets and two pair hands or strong tp hands to their turn c/rai range so I think you can´t really say he is never going to c/rai with made hands

Best regards,