This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH, 3b pot IP

• edismah
      edismah
      Bronze
      What is his range here? This guy is a pretty standard reg and his squeeze is 11%. I was stealing and isolating a fish all the time so my image is lagish.
      At the time I was thinking like "his range must be wiiiiiiiiiiide, a lot of SC, or just random bluffs, he's never doing this with AK, AQ, AJ. Am I wrong?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($20)
      BB ($23.14)
      UTG ($24.45)
      Hero ($22.42)
      BTN ($23.72)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: A:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, SB calls $0.50, BB raises to $2.20, Hero calls $1.60, fold

FLOP ($5) 2:heart: 3:heart: A:spade:

BB bets $2.80, Hero calls $2.80

TURN ($10.60) 2:heart: 3:heart: A:spade: K:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $3.80, BB raises to $18.14 (AI)

Stats:

• 2 replies
    • Mauzer77
      Mauzer77
      Bronze
      Hi!

First of all I would fold preflop. Or when I think he is playing back, then I prefer 4bet instead of call. His sqz size is small so that could work. There are 2 problems with call: your hand is weak and will be dominated a lot of time, the fish might call which decrease your chance to take the pot without hitting.

As played, I think he will have AQ-AK-AJ-AA more times then a random bluff. Actually I would also c/r turn with these hands (or maybe c/c if you are agro/maniac), and c/f everything else. He doesnt really have to protect his TP/set. You wont have straight draw, sometimes you will have flushdraw, but you will also float those and bet turn most the times (or fold to his turn bet). So I think with AA there is more value in checking then betting turn. I think he only loses value against hands like KQ :heart: KJ :heart: which is checking turn and AJ-AQ if you check them on turn.

With your AT I would choose potcontrol on turn because I dont want to face a c/r + I dont see much value.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I generally think if you bet turn you should more often b/c than b/f. If you think that player is tricky you can always go pot control, since he would barrel most of the times with draws and you most of the times get c/f by worse hands.

he's never doing this with AK, AQ, AJ. Am I wrong?
      - some players also mix up sets and two pair hands or strong tp hands to their turn c/rai range so I think you can´t really say he is never going to c/rai with made hands

Best regards,