This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Ajs oop vs fish

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      $0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero) = ($5.34)
      MP2 = ($3.83)
      MP3 = ($4.17)
      CO = ($5.42)
      BU = ($4.30)
      SB = ($4.36)

villain 52/2 af1.9 wtsd 28% 162hands
      cbet 100 ftcbet 60 afturn 2.5(highest.. seen him beting the turn a lot)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J :heart: , A :heart: .
      2 folds, CO calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, CO calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.34) 7 :club: , 6 :diamond: , J :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, CO calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.66) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.16, Hero raises to $0.40, CO raises to $0.64, Hero calls $0.24.

River: ($1.94) 6 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.84, Hero calls $1.84.

Preflop I raise wanting to take the initiative postflop and build the pot because he`s calling a lot with garbage... on flop i make a small bet knowing 90% my hand is good and i don't want him to trow away a7a or even Ahigh(note he has 60% fold to cbets - another of my reasons to make it small)

On turn i just check being pretty sure he`ll bet almost anything because i show weakness on turn and i plan to 3bet(witch i make kinda small by mistake)... when he min`reraise i think he might have a draw or some pp pair like 88,99 ... i take that smallish raise as an indication he is week.

River... when he bets that huge i start thinking he is simply bluffing or has me crushed... the more i think about the size of the bet and his non`sense on the turn inclines me to think way more about a bluff then a value bet so i decide to call.

What do you think about the river call,and rest of the play overall?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cozacu,

Preflop: There is one limp and we are OOP so my raise would be $0,24.
      Flop: I don't like the CB size here at all! We have to protect our hand on such a draw-heavy board, ~$0,30 would even be my CB.

As played
      Turn: Why do you Check/Raise? It's just horrible while you may easily isolate against strong hands there. We need to protect our hand and therefore I'd Bet myself! Neither I don't like the Call vs the 3bet since it's towards a trap most often.

As played
      River: Pretty much oveprlayed your hand. :) What do you expect him to bet like that, more often it's a trap and we don't beat much.

Best Regards.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      I had a bit of history with the guy so i was feeling i know where i am with the hand pretty much all the way... on flop.. i don't want to take down the hand(with standard cbets he`ll just fold his hand (foldtcbet 60%)... the guy is playing more than 50% of his hands so do i really have to worry to protect my hand,on a flop that it's not that bad afterall...

Turn: Why not call?That size of raise makes no sens?did that 3 :spade: change anything?Don't think so.

River: I explained before.

He had Qd7d and i won the pot but that's not the point,i posted the hand because i`m interested if you think that we could take such an approach and don't play just ABC every single hand... honestly it was a tough spot but i was happy about the play because i knew that i extracted max value... the whole point from the begining of the hand was to make HIM put money in the pot;

Once again,was the play still horrible?I want to know,not one time results... i felt here i know exactly what i`m doing.I appreciate your evaluation.Ty
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Once again,was the play still horrible?I want to know,not one time results... i felt here i know exactly what i`m doing.I appreciate your evaluation.Ty

As I said against such opponents rather Bet/Bet/Bet/Bet/Bet/Bet/Bet and Bet. :) No need to turn your hand into bluff-catcher.