Known players:
      BB (Hero) = ($5.34)
      MP2 = ($3.83)
      MP3 = ($4.17)
      CO = ($5.42)
      BU = ($4.30)
      SB = ($4.36)

villain 52/2 af1.9 wtsd 28% 162hands
      cbet 100 ftcbet 60 afturn 2.5(highest.. seen him beting the turn a lot)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J :heart: , A :heart: .
      2 folds, CO calls $0.04, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, CO calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.34) 7 :club: , 6 :diamond: , J :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, CO calls $0.16.

Turn: ($0.66) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.16, Hero raises to $0.40, CO raises to $0.64, Hero calls $0.24.

River: ($1.94) 6 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.84, Hero calls $1.84.

Preflop I raise wanting to take the initiative postflop and build the pot because he`s calling a lot with garbage... on flop i make a small bet knowing 90% my hand is good and i don't want him to trow away a7a or even Ahigh(note he has 60% fold to cbets - another of my reasons to make it small)

On turn i just check being pretty sure he`ll bet almost anything because i show weakness on turn and i plan to 3bet(witch i make kinda small by mistake)... when he min`reraise i think he might have a draw or some pp pair like 88,99 ... i take that smallish raise as an indication he is week.

River... when he bets that huge i start thinking he is simply bluffing or has me crushed... the more i think about the size of the bet and his non`sense on the turn inclines me to think way more about a bluff then a value bet so i decide to call.

What do you think about the river call,and rest of the play overall?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cozacu,

Preflop: There is one limp and we are OOP so my raise would be $0,24.
      Flop: I don't like the CB size here at all! We have to protect our hand on such a draw-heavy board, ~$0,30 would even be my CB.

As played
      Turn: Why do you Check/Raise? It's just horrible while you may easily isolate against strong hands there. We need to protect our hand and therefore I'd Bet myself! Neither I don't like the Call vs the 3bet since it's towards a trap most often.

As played
      River: Pretty much oveprlayed your hand. :) What do you expect him to bet like that, more often it's a trap and we don't beat much.

Best Regards.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      I had a bit of history with the guy so i was feeling i know where i am with the hand pretty much all the way... on flop.. i don't want to take down the hand(with standard cbets he`ll just fold his hand (foldtcbet 60%)... the guy is playing more than 50% of his hands so do i really have to worry to protect my hand,on a flop that it's not that bad afterall...

Turn: Why not call?That size of raise makes no sens?did that 3 :spade: change anything?Don't think so.

River: I explained before.

He had Qd7d and i won the pot but that's not the point,i posted the hand because i`m interested if you think that we could take such an approach and don't play just ABC every single hand... honestly it was a tough spot but i was happy about the play because i knew that i extracted max value... the whole point from the begining of the hand was to make HIM put money in the pot;

Once again,was the play still horrible?I want to know,not one time results... i felt here i know exactly what i`m doing.I appreciate your evaluation.Ty
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Once again,was the play still horrible?I want to know,not one time results... i felt here i know exactly what i`m doing.I appreciate your evaluation.Ty

As I said against such opponents rather Bet/Bet/Bet/Bet/Bet/Bet/Bet and Bet. :) No need to turn your hand into bluff-catcher.