[NL2-NL10] 9-9 played passively ip

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      this guy had stats after 3 hands of 67% vpip and 67% pfr. i think he was either on tilt or running hot. I really made a marginal call on the turn and river, however, the bet sizing on the flop was questionable since i raised pre flop and i definately didnt raise with the low cards the flop showed, so he shouldnt be betting this way unless hes bluffing or trying to confuse me. Well, I didnt get confused and it worked out this time. I know I don't get a read on a player after 3 hands, but I felt like he was bluffing just on the notion his flop bet was meant to win the pot outright right there, yet he continued to fire 3 times, knowing he couldnt win the pot on a showdown. if you want me to tell you what he had...just think worst starting hand in poker :)

Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 1560090
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $2.86
      SB: $1.54
      BB: $1.61
      UTG: $1.89
      UTG+1: $1.31
      MP1: $2.07
      MP2: $3.43
      Hero (CO): $2.00

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with 9 :club: 9 :diamond:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.07, 1 fold, SB calls $0.06, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.16) 5 :club: T :heart: 4 :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.48) 6 :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

River: ($1.08) K :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.01 all in, Hero calls $1.01
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ilovemagic,

Well, I wouldn't really care here either what he had. :P Since without knowing the opponent I wouldn't really Call here down. Of course I could say oh you made a good call, respect man but it's not something you should be happy about. Since your play was just spew, in long run you gonna waste a lot money by making such hero-calls. Without knowing the opponent I'd lay it down on the turn to avoid such a spot as we face on the river.

Best Regards.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      yeah i didnt feel good about posting this on here lol. i also didnt feel great about making the call on the flop, turn or river, i guess my curiosity got the best of me because ive like never seen anyone in a HU pot bet the whole darn thing before, and i wanted to see why he did this i guess?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ilovemagic
      yeah i didnt feel good about posting this on here lol. i also didnt feel great about making the call on the flop, turn or river, i guess my curiosity got the best of me because ive like never seen anyone in a HU pot bet the whole darn thing before, and i wanted to see why he did this i guess?
      Well, at least you posted. :) That's good enough! Most likely, it's common leak for beginners to think so that "I want to see what he does have". :D