This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 9-9 played passively ip

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      this guy had stats after 3 hands of 67% vpip and 67% pfr. i think he was either on tilt or running hot. I really made a marginal call on the turn and river, however, the bet sizing on the flop was questionable since i raised pre flop and i definately didnt raise with the low cards the flop showed, so he shouldnt be betting this way unless hes bluffing or trying to confuse me. Well, I didnt get confused and it worked out this time. I know I don't get a read on a player after 3 hands, but I felt like he was bluffing just on the notion his flop bet was meant to win the pot outright right there, yet he continued to fire 3 times, knowing he couldnt win the pot on a showdown. if you want me to tell you what he had...just think worst starting hand in poker :)

Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 1560090
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $2.86
      SB: $1.54
      BB: $1.61
      UTG: $1.89
      UTG+1: $1.31
      MP1: $2.07
      MP2: $3.43
      Hero (CO): $2.00

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is CO with 9 :club: 9 :diamond:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.07, 1 fold, SB calls $0.06, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.16) 5 :club: T :heart: 4 :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.48) 6 :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

River: ($1.08) K :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.01 all in, Hero calls $1.01
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ilovemagic,

Well, I wouldn't really care here either what he had. :P Since without knowing the opponent I wouldn't really Call here down. Of course I could say oh you made a good call, respect man but it's not something you should be happy about. Since your play was just spew, in long run you gonna waste a lot money by making such hero-calls. Without knowing the opponent I'd lay it down on the turn to avoid such a spot as we face on the river.

Best Regards.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      yeah i didnt feel good about posting this on here lol. i also didnt feel great about making the call on the flop, turn or river, i guess my curiosity got the best of me because ive like never seen anyone in a HU pot bet the whole darn thing before, and i wanted to see why he did this i guess?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ilovemagic
      yeah i didnt feel good about posting this on here lol. i also didnt feel great about making the call on the flop, turn or river, i guess my curiosity got the best of me because ive like never seen anyone in a HU pot bet the whole darn thing before, and i wanted to see why he did this i guess?
      Well, at least you posted. :) That's good enough! Most likely, it's common leak for beginners to think so that "I want to see what he does have". :D