This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Variance question

• adr0001
      adr0001
      Bronze
      How big the variance can be using SSS? I played 3609 15NL hands and I lost $15,95. This means a lose rate of 1,47PTBB/100. I played at very loose tables, usually tables with flop seen percentage >30%. People constantly call me with weaker hands and I constantly lose, despite being a favourite. I feel I’m not winning my fair share of pots. I also played 2507 NL10 hands, this time with a $25,35 profit(win rate of 5,05PTBB/100).
  • 3 replies
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      standard variance. 3.5k hands is nothing. keep at it, don't tilt, and you'll win in the longrun from people putting their money in bad ^^;.

oh, and remember to post dubious hands in the forums!
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      since SSS mostly relies on showdown hands, the variance can be pretty huge (I hardly played any myself, but I've seen graphs from other players) - as chenny said, just post hands, and have another look after 50k hands, it'll be a bit less swingy
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I've posted some of my results twice already, here you go again

Technically, variance on the low limits should be very very soft. However, i experienced 20 buy-ins downswing on NL 25 myself. Now I can say for sure, that AT LEAST 10 buy-ins were lost due to week/bad/horrible play, which is possible even with a shortstack) so think about it)