MP2: $78.60
      CO: $27.30
      BTN: $21.40
      Hero (SB): $4.75
      BB: $15.70
      UTG: $27.65
      UTG+1: $24.75
      UTG+2: $29.90

Pre-Flop: J:diamond: Q:diamond: dealt to Hero (SB)
      7 folds, Hero raises to $1, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2) 2:heart: T:spade: 6:club: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $1, BB calls $1

Turn: ($4) J:spade: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $2.75 and is All-In, BB folds

Results: $4 Pot ($0.15 Rake)
      Hero mucked J:diamond: Q:diamond: and WON $3.85 (+$1.85 NET)

I think this is all pretty standard. Only thing I'm not sure on is the preflop raise amount. I was done with the hand on the turn if I didn't improve obviously.

I have a feeling steals will get called pretty loosely at this limit anyway, not that the opportunity arises often enough for it to really matter. Would you advise waiting until NL50 or is stealing at NL25 ok?
  • 7 replies
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      I give you the answer that the judges will give ;)

stealing is average play and not really +ev without reads as given through PT/PAH or good observation.

Steals are not necessary on this limit.

You have to know against whom you steal. very tight or SSS player --> so possible.

loose --> be careful

So don't steal raise on this limits. you're winning player without sticking to the strategy.

To be honest I'm experimenting with steals on NL 25 too, but try not to overplay this. Keeping it away on the low limits is no leak and saves more money than it gets in, because often yr not sure what to do if villain defends his blinds.
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Absolutly Grem, Like i said the actual hand range and situation needed for a steal doesn't come along all too often. I would of much preferred to limp this particular hand along with 3 others before me but first in from the SB is a fold or a raise.

I agree with it not being nessecary. I think experimenting is ok but BB is gonna defend far too often, which forces hero to cbet on the flop and potentially lose more money in a hand that shouldn't even be played with SSS.

I think more FE at the higher limits means more value in steals. I'm curious as to what limit the judges would advise to start consistently stealing at :)
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ManniXXX

I think more FE at the higher limits means more value in steals. I'm curious as to what limit the judges would advise to start consistently stealing at :)
      I think they advice it from NL50 / NL100 and it's absolutely necessary to have stats about the opps. Esepcially thinking about blind defense play it's very important.

I'm raising 3BB on my raises from BU and SB and in this case not to say with all my hands, even with "regular" raising hands and my stealing range. :)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      nice discussion)

I found an old SSS chart for gold players and I think it perfectly suits for NL 50 (steal strategy included)

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/download/nl/shc_adv_sss.pdf

how to use:

"call" means call with 2+ limpers, otherwise fold
      "raise0" means raise, when everyone folded, otherwise call (fold to a raise)

The only thing I don't like is TT added to QQ-JJ range, I think it should be played as basic SHC suggests - same way as 99.

otherwise, this chart looks pretty useful to me.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I would also suggest to raise 3.5BB from CO (this also means that your normal raise with limpers is 3.5+1), 3BB from BU and 3.5 or 4 from SB.
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Thanks for the replies guys, that charts looks very useful indeed. :)
      I'd never considered playing/stealing from the CO before but it makes sense. I assume we're playing for 2 pair or better with Ax or maybe TPTK with AT.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      yea, aggressively we are playing 2 pair+