UTG+1 ($10.42)
      UTG+2 ($3.50)
      Hero ($10.63)
      MP2 ($14.61)
      MP3 ($10.15)
      CO ($4.85)
      BTN ($3.70)

Dealt to Hero A:club: T:club:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.35, fold, Hero raises to $1, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 raises to $2.50, Hero calls $1.50

FLOP ($5.15) 5:club: J:club: 3:spade:

UTG+1 bets $3.15, Hero???

UTG+1 bets $3.15, Hero raises to $8.13 (AI), UTG+1 calls $4.77 (AI)

TURN ($20.99) 5:club: J:club: 3:spade: T:diamond:

RIVER ($20.99) 5:club: J:club: 3:spade: T:diamond: A:diamond:

UTG+1 shows K:heart: K:club: (Pre 68%, Flop 55.9%, Turn 70.5%)

Hero shows A:club: T:club: (Pre 32%, Flop 44.1%, Turn 29.5%)

Hero wins $19.61

Vs UTG+1 we had some dynamics, 3/4betting light, especially BvB and steals.

If i never pickd up the draw I would have insta folded.

but as played on the flop, how was it?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gxtwo,

Preflop: Even if you had light dynamics then we can't ever Call there against his UTG range. :P You will either be dominated or either never hit good enough. Standard fold vs his 4bet. Calling is just the worst line.

As played
      Postflop: What else do we want to see? :) Especially if you expect him to have wide 4betting range but of course which I really doubt. :D Ship it here and gain the fold equity, we have decent equity against some hands here as well if we get called with nutFD. But preflop was once again really horrible, huge leak.

Best Regards.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello gxtwo,

Preflop: Even if you had light dynamics then we can't ever Call there against his UTG range. :P You will either be dominated or either never hit good enough. Standard fold vs his 4bet. Calling is just the worst line.

As played
      Postflop: What else do we want to see? :) Especially if you expect him to have wide 4betting range but of course which I really doubt. :D Ship it here and gain the fold equity, we have decent equity against some hands here as well if we get called with nutFD. But preflop was once again really horrible, huge leak.

Best Regards.
      Thank you Veriz,

Preflop: I think i understand it now. Because he is in an early position, his raise wasn't aimed at me, therefor we cannot take into account the dynamics between us, and just respect his UTG range? My thoughts on my play here now are..... :facepalm:

Postflop: what else do we want to see? hmm... AAT would be nice haha. but on a serious note, was my play correct? I get confused in spots like this, the most common is 3betting AKs pre and flopping nutFD. Do we ever have enough equity to go broke? or does it depend on the size of the pot?

This is my thoughts, please correct me, or point me to some articles that can help me understand the whole equity v range concept :)

According to Equilator we have 44% against a JJ+, AK

On the flop, if I shove, would i create 40% pot odds for myself? and would that make it a profitable shove? Because our equity>potodds?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      This is my thoughts, please correct me, or point me to some articles that can help me understand the whole equity v range concept

No there is no such a secret thing, this is a concept which you will learn during your poker path. :) Of course there might be some training articles but this ain't something what you gonna learn by just reading through one article.

On the flop, if I shove, would i create 40% pot odds for myself? and would that make it a profitable shove? Because our equity>potodds?

Well, try calculating yourself. :P And lets see how you do and I will correct you.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

Well, try calculating yourself. :P And lets see how you do and I will correct you.
      Prepare for LOLZ... :f_biggrin: I think ive got it, but having you correct it would amazing!!

this is how I do it,

Equilate my hand v his range; 44.146%

On the flop the pot is $5.15,

because his stack is smaller than mine. we only count his stack ($7.92) as my shove and not my whole stack ($8.13)

(MyShove / (Pot + MyShove + HisCall)) x 100 = pot odds?

($7.92 / ($5.15 + $7.92 + $7.92)) x100 =

($7.92 / $20.99) x 100 = 37.73%

equity 44.146% > pot odds 37.73% = profit? ?( :f_confused: :s_confused:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Even if he Calls you then the equity needed would be ~38% equity. But as you called preflop it means that YOU HAD to put him on VERY WIDE RANGE, which means that we also have to have fold equity there. Otherwise your preflop Call = HUGE MISTAKE -> which I already pointed out that it actually was. :D

The equity vs his range I don't know, depends what range you do put him on. :) But if you did put on such a range then you getting correct equity as you see yourself. But once again, I guess we shouldn't even be talking about the play here postflop since it's just horrible flat preflop.