NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($45.82)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($8.07)
      CO ($4.78)
      BTN ($7.59)

CO posts $0.10

Dealt to Hero K:heart: K:spade:

fold, CO checks, BTN raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.40, fold, fold, BTN calls $1

FLOP ($3) A:club: 9:spade: 7:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

TURN ($3) A:club: 9:spade: 7:heart: J:spade:

Hero bets $1.55, BTN calls $1.55

RIVER ($6.10) A:club: 9:spade: 7:heart: J:spade: 4:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $4.64 (AI), Hero folds

BTN wins $5.80

21/14/4.3, 98 hands

On flop we cannot bet I guess, no worse hands will call.

Don't kwow on turn, I showed that I don't have an ace, but again, there might be Ax in his range, also JJ. Maybe only QQ will call. So I guess this is c/f.

But on the other hand, he migh want to bluff me if I don't bet on the turn. But probably still its too expensive to protect from this.
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

I would most likely still CB the flop than turn my hand into bluff-catcher where it's gonna be hard for us to Check/Call there while the opponent is even more towards aggressive side. But as played good seems to be fine!

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I would most likely still CB the flop than turn my hand into bluff-catcher where it's gonna be hard for us to Check/Call there

I don't get those situations. It contradicts to thinking - if no worse hands will call and no better hands will fold, then there is no reason to bet :) Ok, you say - bet because we don't not want to turn our hand into bluff catcher. But we cannot always think like that. So how to know, when we can place a bet "to not turn our hand into bluff catcher" and when not?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      I would most likely still CB the flop than turn my hand into bluff-catcher where it's gonna be hard for us to Check/Call there

I don't get those situations. It contradicts to thinking - if no worse hands will call and no better hands will fold, then there is no reason to bet :) Ok, you say - bet because we don't not want to turn our hand into bluff catcher. But we cannot always think like that. So how to know, when we can place a bet "to not turn our hand into bluff catcher" and when not?
      With AF of 4.3 the guy may easily Bet the flop/turn so that's why I am not turning my hand into bluff-catcher rather than play it this way. If the opponent is rather passive then could be other case since he wouldn't bluff that many streets.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      With AF of 4.3 the guy may easily Bet the flop/turn so that's why I am not turning my hand into bluff-catcher rather than play it this way. If the opponent is rather passive then could be other case since he wouldn't bluff that many streets.

But then with this AF he could call flop and bet turn. So I loose even more money. Or he wouldn't do that?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

But then with this AF he could call flop and bet turn. So I loose even more money. Or he wouldn't do that?
      You can't assume because of high AF that he floats loose. :) The same thing as I would say that put always opponent only on one hand if you evaluating ranges. :D
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      You can't assume because of high AF that he floats loose.

No we can't, but I just think that there is a good chance. Because he knows - if I stop betting on turn, then I don't have a good ace - what I will do ? I will fold, so he floats :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      You can't assume because of high AF that he floats loose.

No we can't, but I just think that there is a good chance. Because he knows - if I stop betting on turn, then I don't have a good ace - what I will do ? I will fold, so he floats :)
      People have to be float-maniacs to float Axx boards. They tend to less float there and more easily give it up. :) Especially when the board is dry and they can't have much to float with.