FLOP ($0.65) J:diamond: T:diamond: 8:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

TURN ($1.45) J:diamond: T:diamond: 8:diamond: 3:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

RIVER ($3.25) J:diamond: T:diamond: 8:diamond: 3:heart: 4:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.05, Hero folds

BTN wins $3.09

24/21/2.1, cbet 87, cbet turn 47, river AF 0.8, hands 220

I c/c flop and turn because my hand has some value. So I don't turn it into a bluff.
      But on therr irver I thought I am beat. He probably makes a value bet with this sizing, and I doubt he is valuebetting worse.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Preflop: What about the opponents stealing range? What about the opponents 3bet? Why did you decide to flat? :) You can't just flat and hope to hit and have no plans. :P Especially when defending the blind. If he has high fold to 3bet then I'd just 3bet right away here.

As played
      Postflop: Of course it's an option to Check/Call the flop but why I don't like it is cause we can't Check/Call the turn anymore. We won't have implied odds. What kind of hands do you expect to beat which he 2nd barrel? Do you really think he is 2nd barreling with worse Tx? Neither you will know where you stand if you even hit one of your outs, nor you have the position. How do you manage to get your implied odds on the river?

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      steal from BTN is 41
      fold to 3bet 50 (6)

So we cannot 3bet here.

So what woul be better on flop? He cbets almost all the time so we could c/r. But maybe c/r is too strong for our hand? Because we turn the hand into a bluff. Other option would be donking. But if we donk, he will probably bet turn often if we will check. He will know that we don't have anything strong.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      steal from BTN is 41
      fold to 3bet 50 (6)

So we cannot 3bet here.

So what woul be better on flop? He cbets almost all the time so we could c/r. But maybe c/r is too strong for our hand? Because we turn the hand into a bluff. Other option would be donking. But if we donk, he will probably bet turn often if we will check. He will know that we don't have anything strong.
      Why turn our hand into bluff? He may still even have overcards, FDs there and we might even protect our hand. By Check/Calling the turn as I said already we wont play the hand profitable unless we expect the opponent to 2nd barrel with very wide range and maybe even worse Tx hands. Also at some point we might even make better hands to fold with Check/Raise on the flop vs Jx for example which will have hard time to continue.