CO: $50.00
      BTN: $72.36
      SB: $47.61
      BB: $50.00
      Hero (UTG): $50.75
      MP: $52.25

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG with A :spade: Q :club:
      Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, CO calls $2, 3 folds

Flop: ($4.75) 8 :spade: 5 :diamond: Q :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, CO calls $3.50

Turn: ($11.75) 3 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $9.00, CO calls $9

River: ($29.75) 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $36.25, CO calls $35.50 all in

Hi.
      I dont have any reads or stats on villain.
      Q1: Do you like river overbet - shove?
      I think since I have As he isnt drawing to flush too often so I could rep busted flush draw and he might call with weaker Qs.
      Q2: What line would you take?
      Q3: Would you shove river if you wouldnt have As if you were in my position on the river?
  • 4 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Well as preflop agresor i doubt a bit that you represent here a busted flushdraw since you really play here like you have AQ:) )

You protect your hand since flop and it really look like you have AQ.

The question is if there is possibility that villian has worse hand than you have and the answer is yes he can:) He could easily have KQ, QJ maybe even QT and for sure hands like 99-JJ.

I think your value rivere bet makes sense and for me it is nice hand.

Well you should also consider about betting turn lets say 11 and then your river bet is not going to be overbet anymore.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

If you had either nut flush or nut flushdraw then I liked more shove as bluff or for value.
      But here it is hard him to call you down with to hands, so you likely get called only by two pair or better and for that reason I´d valuebet myself to 22$ instead of shoving 35$

Best regards,
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Hi,

If you had either nut flush or nut flushdraw then I liked more shove as bluff or for value.
      But here it is hard him to call you down with to hands, so you likely get called only by two pair or better and for that reason I´d valuebet myself to 22$ instead of shoving 35$

Best regards,
      But if you vbet river and he shoves for 13 more its almost impossible that your hand is good:(
      folding when we are getting such pot odds sucks too...
      Do you think b/c we lose+b/he calls and we win ev > shove ev?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Well he can always decide to shove his missed spades, so I think we´re not always behind if getting shoved and since he would more often call you down with tp hands than against overbet I like more often betting 2/3 pot than overbet shoving.