$50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -

UTG: $73.06 - VPIP: 30, PFR: 23, 3B: 2, AF: 5.3, Hands: 112
      MP: $24.36 - VPIP: 27, PFR: 18, 3B: 5, AF: Infinity, Hands: 93
      CO: $60.07 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 14, 3B: 7, AF: 5.8, Hands: 1186
      BTN: $49.00 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.8, Hands: 115
      Hero (SB): $65.81 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 23, 3B: 9, AF: 3.8, Hands: 14343
      BB: $98.12 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 11, 3B: 8, AF: 3.1, Hands: 201

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with K :spade: Q :spade:
      UTG raises to $1.50, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.50, Hero raises to $6, 2 folds, BTN calls $4.50

Flop: ($14.00) 4 :spade: A :spade: J :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $15.00, BTN calls $15

Turn: ($44.00) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $44.81, BTN calls $28 all in

River: ($100.00) 5 :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Hi.
      I think I could make my cbet little lower like ~10$ on the flop since pot is already quite big, turn shove I guess is good since his range is full of medium strength hands?
  • 6 replies
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      According to his stats, he looks veeerry passive. So maybe checking flop and taking a freecard (since he checks back a lot) is a good idea here?

Against most opponents, I think your analysis is correct. Would probably have taken same line but I think the idea of checking vs this opponent is worth discussing.
    • Mauzer77
      Mauzer77
      Bronze
      Hi!

I would cbet 8$, and then c/f or c/c turn depending odds.

Flop cbet is needed because he fold all his air + pp, + if he calls with Ax you have great equity, so its good when pot is bigger.
      I dont think he will ever fold a hand which he called on flop (Ax most the times), so I dont like turn shove. I would check, and probably he would check too, only 2pair/set would bet I think, but thats a small % of his range.
      He wont float either.
      He can have some draws too, but he will likely wont bluff them and you will take down the pot with K high.

So I think cbet and c/f or c/c turn if you have odds is the best.
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lpdlamei
      According to his stats, he looks veeerry passive. So maybe checking flop and taking a freecard (since he checks back a lot) is a good idea here?

Against most opponents, I think your analysis is correct. Would probably have taken same line but I think the idea of checking vs this opponent is worth discussing.
      I don't like idea of trying to take a free card because I think if you check on the flop you don't have a chance to make him fold 2nd pair type hands (possibly QQ, Jx, TT).
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Cukk
      Hi!

I would cbet 8$, and then c/f or c/c turn depending odds.

Flop cbet is needed because he fold all his air + pp, + if he calls with Ax you have great equity, so its good when pot is bigger.
      I dont think he will ever fold a hand which he called on flop (Ax most the times), so I dont like turn shove. I would check, and probably he would check too, only 2pair/set would bet I think, but thats a small % of his range.
      He wont float either.
      He can have some draws too, but he will likely wont bluff them and you will take down the pot with K high.

So I think cbet and c/f or c/c turn if you have odds is the best.
      1. Probably the only possible draws are same QK for a gutshot and JTs for a flush draw.
      2. I dont believe he is folding QQ, Jx on the flop (TT,99 he might fold)
      So I totally disagree that on the turn he wont fold any hands that he called on the flop. I think he would fold around 50% of the time.
      3. Calling turn "depending on odds" is worst play imo (unless you expect villain to bet 2 or 4$ which is not the case)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would not overbet flop, since I would not overbet with AK or sets. I think 11$ is fine to then shove any turn card. Since you have some fold equity on the turn I like your turn shove. you would play the same way all your made hands, so mixing up very strong draws should be fine.

best regards,
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze