This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH sqeeze pot, GSD+FD

• gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Platinum
      $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -

UTG: $73.06 - VPIP: 30, PFR: 23, 3B: 2, AF: 5.3, Hands: 112
      MP: $24.36 - VPIP: 27, PFR: 18, 3B: 5, AF: Infinity, Hands: 93
      CO: $60.07 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 14, 3B: 7, AF: 5.8, Hands: 1186
      BTN: $49.00 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.8, Hands: 115
      Hero (SB): $65.81 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 23, 3B: 9, AF: 3.8, Hands: 14343
      BB: $98.12 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 11, 3B: 8, AF: 3.1, Hands: 201

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with K :spade: Q :spade:
      UTG raises to $1.50, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.50, Hero raises to $6, 2 folds, BTN calls $4.50

Flop: ($14.00) 4 :spade: A :spade: J :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $15.00, BTN calls $15

Turn: ($44.00) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $44.81, BTN calls $28 all in

River: ($100.00) 5 :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Hi.
      I think I could make my cbet little lower like ~10$ on the flop since pot is already quite big, turn shove I guess is good since his range is full of medium strength hands?
  • 6 replies
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      According to his stats, he looks veeerry passive. So maybe checking flop and taking a freecard (since he checks back a lot) is a good idea here?

Against most opponents, I think your analysis is correct. Would probably have taken same line but I think the idea of checking vs this opponent is worth discussing.
    • Mauzer77
      Mauzer77
      Bronze
      Hi!

I would cbet 8$, and then c/f or c/c turn depending odds.

Flop cbet is needed because he fold all his air + pp, + if he calls with Ax you have great equity, so its good when pot is bigger.
      I dont think he will ever fold a hand which he called on flop (Ax most the times), so I dont like turn shove. I would check, and probably he would check too, only 2pair/set would bet I think, but thats a small % of his range.
      He wont float either.
      He can have some draws too, but he will likely wont bluff them and you will take down the pot with K high.

So I think cbet and c/f or c/c turn if you have odds is the best.
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Platinum
      Originally posted by lpdlamei
      According to his stats, he looks veeerry passive. So maybe checking flop and taking a freecard (since he checks back a lot) is a good idea here?

Against most opponents, I think your analysis is correct. Would probably have taken same line but I think the idea of checking vs this opponent is worth discussing.
      I don't like idea of trying to take a free card because I think if you check on the flop you don't have a chance to make him fold 2nd pair type hands (possibly QQ, Jx, TT).
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Platinum
      Originally posted by Cukk
      Hi!

I would cbet 8$, and then c/f or c/c turn depending odds.

Flop cbet is needed because he fold all his air + pp, + if he calls with Ax you have great equity, so its good when pot is bigger.
      I dont think he will ever fold a hand which he called on flop (Ax most the times), so I dont like turn shove. I would check, and probably he would check too, only 2pair/set would bet I think, but thats a small % of his range.
      He wont float either.
      He can have some draws too, but he will likely wont bluff them and you will take down the pot with K high.

So I think cbet and c/f or c/c turn if you have odds is the best.
      1. Probably the only possible draws are same QK for a gutshot and JTs for a flush draw.
      2. I dont believe he is folding QQ, Jx on the flop (TT,99 he might fold)
      So I totally disagree that on the turn he wont fold any hands that he called on the flop. I think he would fold around 50% of the time.
      3. Calling turn "depending on odds" is worst play imo (unless you expect villain to bet 2 or 4$ which is not the case)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would not overbet flop, since I would not overbet with AK or sets. I think 11$ is fine to then shove any turn card. Since you have some fold equity on the turn I like your turn shove. you would play the same way all your made hands, so mixing up very strong draws should be fine.

best regards,
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Platinum