This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25SH JK TPGK fold flop

• Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hello as villian steals a lot my hand is good enaugh to 3bet and villian called. I made then standar 3bet and surprisingly got raised.

Is he willing to raise me with worse?

But anything i do is a though decision. If i push i am overplaing that hand. If i call i have to check turn and as he is agressive he will probably bet also with draws so i have to fold again mine better hand.

so is folding direct on flop correct decision?

Villian IS: 25/20/4.2 after 600 hands
      steal 43%
      fold to reSteal = 71%

Thanks!!!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):
      $28.95
      MP2:
      $9.72
      MP3:
      $47.91
      CO:
      $16.46
      BU:
      $37.77
      SB:
      $35.33

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, J.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.75, SB folds, Hero raises to $2.25, BU calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.6) 8, 4, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.75, BU raises to $6.25, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $7.35.
  • 4 replies
    • Mauzer77
      Mauzer77
      Bronze
      Hi!

I would 3bet to 10bb preflop.

Postflop I am not folding, I dont think he will have AK, neither 44. He might have 88 and KQ, but not sure if he raises them (I would say not). He isnt raising too big, I think he can have a lot of bluffs.

"If i call i have to check turn and as he is agressive he will probably bet also with draws so i have to fold again mine better hand"

Why is it bad if he keeps bluffing?

I would c/r allin most of the turns.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Thank you for your reply.

Well i really told to myself that i fold this time and i take notes for the next one so i will play a bit differently.

Equilab puts me ahead but i think that his reraise has a bit tighter range that i provided.

Board: 8:diamond: 4:diamond: K:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      BU     69.44%  66.82%   2.63% { KdJc }
      SB     30.56%  27.93%   2.63% { 77+, A9s+, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, ATo+, KJo+ }
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      You can narrow that range down a lot!

I like Cukk's analysis. Definitely 3bet bigger oop, you like to see people fold when you're oop.

Also K :diamond: is nice card, removes out if he has FD and you might redraw if he gets there on turn.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think he would not really raise there KT and then got all-in, so basically he is either bluffing, raising his draws or sometimes sets.
      I would not fold KJ that spot and would get all-in any turn card, but to let him barrel his air I would prefer b/c flop and then c/rai turn

best regards,