Sunday Millions bad BRM?

• shane0878
      shane0878
      Bronze
      Hey All
      I'm thinking of playing in this weeks Sunday millions, $10 million, but it's way way way out of my BRM.
      The thing is I have a couple of quid to spare and I recon it would be a once off bit of craic(as we say in Ireland).
      Is anyone else thinking of going way over their nl2 to play in it?
      I'm also thinking of using Bubble protection too and was wondering if anyone has used it yet, Check the link, i'm pretty sure Chris Moorman has something to do with it :f_rolleyes:
  • 28 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Well I certainly never used bubble protection nor thought of joining the SM because it's way over my br as well. Did you say a few quid? :D last time I checked it was $215!

Anyway, good luck whatever you decide! May the beginners luck be with you! :heart:

Ingi
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      I'd first try to register to some sats before immediately registering for a $215 event.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      While the $10 million guarantee may seem amazing, I am almost certain there isn't going to be any overlay in this tournament.

So without guarantee value increasing the value of your buyin, if you are not rolled for it, I don't believe it would be a great idea to play it.

While most players will be far out of their normal buy-in level, there's a lot of people, even thousands, who play this and higher on a dialy basis and will be taking advantage of weaker players to the fullest.

Regards,
      Richard
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      I dont think that it is a good idea. Ofc if u make it ITM you are stress free already and have chance to win life changing money.

But i am sure anyone who is out of their BRM takes big risk and will play too money scared. Personaly i got ticket there trough 11$ sattelite.. did give 2 try. But did unregister it for tournament $ will try to get it once more and if sucseed then i maybeee will play it.

PS! i think in such big field & 215 buy-in BR should be 40.000$+ atleast to play it normally
    • shane0878
      shane0878
      Bronze
      Thanks for all the feedback.
      I would have been surprised if someone said it was a good idea.
      I just don't have the time to commit to grinding the satellites.
      I practise good BRM while playing poker normally but I'm not looking at this as everyday poker, this is a one off, kind of a treat.
      I definitely don't think I'm capable of doing well enough to win life changing money but I would consider it a big big victory to just cash.
      I still haven't decided yet.
      Almost 9000 registered now.
      We'll see.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shane0878

and you think you'll be dedicated enough to play hour and hours (if you lucky) in this one then?

satellites are little money, I play fpp's one as well which gives you good practice and I can tell you the field is though :)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by shane0878
      Thanks for all the feedback.
      I would have been surprised if someone said it was a good idea.
      I practise good BRM while playing poker normally but I'm not looking at this as everyday poker, this is a one off, kind of a treat.
      I definitely don't think I'm capable of doing well enough to win life changing money but I would consider it a big big victory to just cash.
      I still haven't decided yet.
      Almost 9000 registered now.
      We'll see.
      Hi Shane,

The way I see it you have a few options here, however, I feel buying in for the whole $215 is certainly not the best one.

There are hourly $1 satellites to the $11 Super Satellite (1k seats guaranteed). I would start with these. These are fairly soft, have a good quick structure and any player worth his salt will make it through to the super satellite.

I managed to get a ticket on my second attempt to the super satellite ($2 spent)

There are FPP routes also:

Round 1: 1 FPP 3x Turbo Rebuys (Running hourly afaik)
      Round 2: 215 FPP (Saturday Only, 18.00 GMT)
      Round 3: 2150 FPP (Sunday 19.00 GMT)

[There will be roughly 1-1.5k seats via this round 3]

Ideally, if you had the 215 FPP I would register and skip round 1. There is only one of these games left to run and I've mentioned the starting time above)

Personally, I've managed to make it to this stage also via round 1 at a total cost of 3FPP!

If you haven't got the BR to spend $215 then I personally wouldn't. Think about it this way, if you were to satellite for $1 or a few FPP there will be little to no pressure on you. It would basically be a freeroll!

With $215 you could play 195 $1.10 tournaments or 97 $2.20 tournaments! I can well imagine you cashing more in all of those tournaments than you would in one single one off tournament!

The decision is yours mate, but I would seriously think about it ;)

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      There are enough big tournaments out there to play later on when you have the BR.
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      While the $10 million guarantee may seem amazing, I am almost certain there isn't going to be any overlay in this tournament.

So without guarantee value increasing the value of your buyin, if you are not rolled for it, I don't believe it would be a great idea to play it.

While most players will be far out of their normal buy-in level, there's a lot of people, even thousands, who play this and higher on a dialy basis and will be taking advantage of weaker players to the fullest.

Regards,
      Richard
      I'm even gonna bet that there will be a pretty big overlay.. Sunday storm had like 110k players and thats only $11 buyin. Sunday Mil is not gonna have overlay only if over 50k people play, which i just dont see happening since it's $215 mtt.

Btw im obv playing this. You guys should play it only as long as losing $215 will not be a big deal for you. Otherwise just dont play it, you'll be playing scared money. And also dont play it if you have no experience playing mtts.
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      I actually need bigger roll for MTTs. losing 215 doesn't mean much to you is probably not enough. Since it mgiht be -ev if when you go deep and you try to play too safe. Also I think bubble protection is -EV too.
    • supergaijin
      supergaijin
      Bronze
      To a large extent BRM only truly applies to someone attempting to make a living from poker. If you play poker for fun (regardless of if you are making a profit) the question isn't if it is within your bankroll but if you can afford to lose that money. If potentially losing $215 is something you can fit in your budget without missing the rent / grocery money / other bills then go ahead and have fun.

BRM rules become more relevant when profits from poker are something you depend on for a living. In which case losing a large % of your total capital impacts your ability to make money from future play.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      I dont really think BRM apply in this case considering your only going to play it once so you could look at it as shot taking.

If you play NL2 and you really want to play in this SM then the way you should look at it is if you can afford to lose the 215$ out of your RL bankroll with out hurting your lifestyle. Its definitly a great experience playing in this type of big tournaments and there's always a chance that you somehow luckbox it and win lifechanging money.
    • shehanshah
      shehanshah
      Bronze
      lol BRM!! Don't wan't to be rude to people who advice brm for this one :) . But wht do u do actually?? You r playing NL2, So let's take playing for a living out of the equation. Soooooo??? Just deposit $215 and play the tourney and u can be like that dutch player who won $500k in Sunday mil 5th aniv. Unless u lose it all like him if u r underage or play high stakes str8 away :) . Play it for fun ;)
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1

I'm even gonna bet that there will be a pretty big overlay.. Sunday storm had like 110k players and thats only $11 buyin. Sunday Mil is not gonna have overlay only if over 50k people play, which i just dont see happening since it's $215 mtt.
      wanna bet $10 that it will happen? :s_evil:
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bigniux

Yes please.
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bigniux

Yes please.
      OK :f_thumbsup:

I will be more concerned about how many people regged than how i run :f_biggrin:
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Yea, fuck the $215 buyin, the $10 sidebet with me is the real deal :D
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      Yea, fuck the $215 buyin, the $10 sidebet with me is the real deal :D
      sure :f_biggrin:
    • shane0878
      shane0878
      Bronze
      Alot of good points made.
      I’m leaning heavily towards this not being a BRM issue.
      I recon the correct way in the future would to look more closely at the satellites tho.
      I know to some people $215 is a fair chunk of change, but I won’t be missing any bills if/when I lose it, but don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t be in the habit of dropping $215 very often.
      I don’t even have a $215 bankroll at nl2 but I play nl2 to try and learn, so I use BRM there.
      I recon I’ll be depositing the buy in so I can have a bit of fun.
      I'll post how I get on.
      12000 people registered now.
      I don’t want any “I told you so” if i busto in the first hour when my Kings run into Aces :f_mad:

Good luck to anyone in it tomorrow.