Neither Elephant and PT3 can't connect to postgres

• jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      Yesterday I tried out PT3 and was everything fine.
      Today I launched it but it can't connect to postgres. Because I can't fix the problem I launch the Elephant but that cannot connect to postgres also.
      It's not the first time to elephant does that. At the previous time I have to erase my old postgres db and make an another one but I don't want that again.

Somebody has an idea why this happen from one day to an another?

EDIT: I realize the postgres doesn't run I can't start to run (some log in problem)
  • 6 replies
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jeszkar
      Yesterday I tried out PT3 and was everything fine.
      Today I launched it but it can't connect to postgres. Because I can't fix the problem I launch the Elephant but that cannot connect to postgres also.
      It's not the first time to elephant does that. At the previous time I have to erase my old postgres db and make an another one but I don't want that again.

Somebody has an idea why this happen from one day to an another?
      Postgr is running? If it is not running, can you start it by hand?
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      Like I said no. And I can't start manually. ERROR 1069 The service did not start due to a logon failure.
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Like I said no. And I can't start manually. ERROR 1069 The service did not start due to a logon failure.
      Sorry, i did my replay and did not see your edit. :)

I don't know postgr very well, but i had a similar problem. Maybe my solution works for you too.

Ich würde folgendermassen vorgehen :

* Open the taskmanager (Strg-Shift-Esc). Search for processes with the name posgres.exe or run as the user "postgres" (i.e. "pg_ctl"). Stop them.

* If you are sure, there are no more running, search for postmaster.pid and delete it or rename it to Postmaster.bck ! You can find this postmaster.pid inside the installation path of postgr. (I.e. C:\Programme\PostgreSQL\8.3\data)

If there is no postmaster.pid, we will look for an other solution. :)
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      In the taskmanager there is not postgress and there is no postmaster.pid either
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      In the taskmanager there is not postgress and there is no postmaster.pid either
      You have looked for postmaster.pid inside this path: C:\Programs\PostgreSQL\8.3\data

Or did you search postmaster.pid on your PC? This file do not need to inside the exactly path. It could be anywhere else on your PC. But the path need to have postgre inside. Hope you understand me. :)

If there is no file, i fear, that you have to install postgr new. But may be someone else have an idea.
    • jeszkar
      jeszkar
      Bronze
      Unfortunatly I search for postmaster.pid ony my PC.