Beginners blues

• skipmuck
      skipmuck
      Bronze
      Hello everyone..

I am scared to go for my last try on the quiz, for fear of failing it again. I do not see what is wrong, as I open the related articles as I answer the questions, and open the PDF file of starting hands and can recognise which parts to look at for each question. I know I have PLENTY of time to complete it.
      I should be studying here and I have the "The mammoth book of poker" by Paul Mendelson and "ace on the river" by ol Bazzer lol..
      Just feel abit stupid you know, and to top it all off, my PKR account has been suspended due to ID issues which takes afew days to resolve.. I dont know what to do, I just cannot concentrate..
      Before I took my first quiz, I read the articles for SNG and MTT and downloaded the ICM trainer afew hours before a Facebook/PKR tornament-150 added-12 cent buy in- which I got first prize- 48 dollars.. So I know this site WORKS :) Then it went down hill from there, I was using bankroll management and playing LESS than 2% by playing level 1 SNGS on PKR but some how I have only afew dollars left and I went to deposit and thats when PKR security found that I need to verify my details. I have hit a wall and need some help with my frame of mind.. Can anyone help me? It would be much appreciated :(

Thanks,

Skipmuck.
  • 15 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi skipmuck,

Warm welcome to our community!

Why you so scared? :) You have plenty of time to complete the quiz and study beforehand, in fact you have 5 attempts :) ok, you used 4 but don't think about it that this is your last one. If you fail I can still give you one more chance ;)

Which ever parts you're scared about just, take your time and read through our articles because answers are stated. simples.

Also, have you ever heard about this saying "think positive and positive things will come to you" ? Its true. lol :D
      You must not think that you'll fail but study properly and you'll be just fine. 1.6 million users passed our quiz, it mustn't be so hard yes?

Regarding your ID check at PKR: Requesting to verify your account is the most standard thing for almost any poker room nowadays. Some are tougher and some will give you a hard time :D but you have nothing to hide so therefore nothing to fear. Have you sent in the requested documents then?

I'm happy to hear that you're basic but already studied the ICM trainer and won 48 bucks? :f_o: :f_o: you're crushing!

stop thinking about the downhill because it's just about to get uphill :f_love:

Let me know how you get on
      Ingrid
    • skipmuck
      skipmuck
      Bronze
      Yes I have scanned my documents, which took 4-5 days to process, then they were not happy with what I had sent them, so it is another 4-5 days wait now... Thanks for the compliment and the advice, I will think positive from now on. Think I have been playing too much to be honest as it is all I do actually. Which I think is why, looking back at the big picture is why I got down in the dumps so quick, because I have nothing else to take my mind of my negative thoughts of poker...
      It says that I have one last go on the orange/yellow start quiz bar? Which is where the fear is coming from, because I cannot concentrate knowing I cannot play PKR at the moment, which is effecting my concentration for my last try on the quiz.. You what, I am just going to stop moaning and man up and just study, dont worry about the quiz until I feel confident and then have another try..
      Again thank you for the kind words it has cheered me up abit..

Many thanks

Skipmuck :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      awww you draw a smile on my face :)

I understand its frustrating not being able to play for you at the moment. Would you like me to look into your ID check at PKR? ;) because I can help you with that too!

I would need the date you've sent in the documents last time and if you got any reply it would be good for you to quote it here for me.

As you said, you have all the time in the world and no need to rush with the quiz, give yourself a nice weekend and get some good food and try to just read whenever you feel you want to and not when you feel you have to. You know what I mean?

This community is very friendly and I'm sure everyone will come cheer you up a bit soon! :heart:

Ingi
    • skipmuck
      skipmuck
      Bronze
      AAww thank you Ingrid.. Well I sent my second attempt sometime this week on wednesday? and my username for PKR is 5kipmuck.. I doubt there will be anything else to do, to sort it out any quicker, because I have a sneeky suspician that they will continue to say "ride it out".. But on a positive note I will just stop thinking like a madman, and take this opportunity as a well deserved break and study.. You have been really great Ingrid :p

skipmuck :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Alright, if we don't hear anything by Monday, I'll look into it. Deal? :)

Now, get some well deserved rest and happy weekend. Don't forget to keep me updated here and if you have questions about the articles or anything else don't be shy to post it here.

Ingrid
    • nowandthen12
      nowandthen12
      Bronze
      plz follow the rules on this site, makes it alot easier.
    • skipmuck
      skipmuck
      Bronze
      Yes looking back at the other posts, I have noticed that I broke a rule. I accidentally avertised a couple of books. This was unintended. Sorry guys, I have looked at the rules and I am now aware. Sorry about that.

Skipmuck
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi skipmuck, all's well that ends well as they say. :)

We all live and learn.

Have fun,

Mal.
    • harvbucks
      harvbucks
      Bronze
      positivity is key. you'll get there but only if you stay positive. I know from experience that if you are afraid the worst will happen it'll become a self fulfilling prophecy. imagine yourself succeeding and you will.
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      confidence
    • skipmuck
      skipmuck
      Bronze
      Thanks peeps :) I will live and breath confidence from now on, and just take my bad run as a learning curve.. :f_cool:
      Think I better had go to the introduce yourself section and say hi.. :)

Thanks again peoples, you all have been great, this site is pretty cool :)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      That's what PokerStrategy are all about skipmuck :)

Have you thought of startinga blog? It's a great way to meet people and exchange ideas about poker.

Regards,

Mal.
    • skipmuck
      skipmuck
      Bronze
      Not yet Mal, but I will think abit on what topic I should log about, I will definatley give it a go :) Cheers for the idea :f_cool:
    • skipmuck
      skipmuck
      Bronze
      Hi Ingrid :)

I am very pleased to tell you that my account is back up and running!!
      Although there is one snag, the card I wished to use for my account has been deactivated.. It was an account that I had stopped using for over a year that had less than a quid inside it, afew days after I sent those card details to go with my verification documents, I recieved a letter from the bank saying that they have sent me a cheque for the pennies and that they were closing the account.
      Yeh so bad luck on that front..Which has not phased me because, I dont wish to cash out my small bankroll, simply because it is just that. So I have time on tuesday to set up another account. Thanks again for cheering me up the other day, and all the others who took the time to read my post, thanks again peoples I will crush that pesky quiz very soooon! :p

skipmuck
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Great to hear :) I'm happy you feeling better and don't rush with the quiz.