[NL2-NL10] AQo badly played vs nit

• ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      his stats are 5/3 thru 60 hands...this guys a nit and I felt horrible about the call on the turn, after i thought to myself " he either has AJ, AK or a set" and i was definately folding the river after realizing I beat nothing in his range once the jack fell. it was a split at best and surely he wasnt trying to bluff me off any hand. Next time check fold turn for minimum loss to these nitty players who rarely bluff and have such tight ranges.
      Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 1562444
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP2: $0.53
      CO: $5.26
      BTN: $2.18
      SB: $2.01
      BB: $0.72
      Hero (UTG): $4.27
      UTG+1: $1.64
      UTG+2: $2.18
      MP1: $0.88

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with Q :diamond: A :club:
      Hero raises to $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.10, 3 folds, CO calls $0.10, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.33) 4 :heart: 3 :diamond: A :heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, UTG+1 folds, CO calls $0.24

Turn: ($0.81) J :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.57, Hero calls $0.57

River: ($1.95) 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ilovemagic,

Don't turn your hand into bluff-catcher and rather Bet/Fold the turn yourself for protection and free showdown.

Best Regards.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      see, the thing is i was thinking before i checked/bet the turn that i was already beat. i couldve check folded the turn and river and wouldve been extremely pleased by doing this against a guy who only plays one out of every 40 hands. the only thing he couldve had i was beating was a draw, and he doesnt play draws or aces with weak kickers so how could bet fold turn be a profitable play against THIS player?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ilovemagic
      see, the thing is i was thinking before i checked/bet the turn that i was already beat. i couldve check folded the turn and river and wouldve been extremely pleased by doing this against a guy who only plays one out of every 40 hands. the only thing he couldve had i was beating was a draw, and he doesnt play draws or aces with weak kickers so how could bet fold turn be a profitable play against THIS player?
      Well, tell me how can then Check/Call be profitable if Bet/Fold ain't. :)
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      because im losing less when i know im beat, therefore more profit for me!
    • frako17
      frako17
      Bronze
      In situations that you know that you are beat i think the most profitable line is check/fold.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ilovemagic
      because im losing less when i know im beat, therefore more profit for me!
      That's a stupid excuse! Really, I am usually not saying any critical words but this is really a stupid excuse. You are turning your hand into bluff-catcher and can easily be bluffed on the river, what you gonna do on river, Check/Fold?