This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Satellite

• moneymaker19
      moneymaker19
      Bronze
      I've seen alot of people write things like "I don't have bankroll for this tournament but I'll maybe have a go at a satellite".
      I really don't get this. When you have the ticket you still don't have a bankroll to play it so why can you then say it's okey BM?
  • 4 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi moneymaker19, good question!

Ok, so I'm not an expert on these things but it seems to be like this;

I haven't got the bankroll size that allows me to enter say, a $100 entry fee tournament. I do however, have enough to enter a $10 satallite and if I win a place (a ticket) to the main tournament, then the main tournament has cost me $10 to enter, instead of $100. :]

If you have any further queries, just ask away! :)

Have fun,

Mal.
    • moneymaker19
      moneymaker19
      Bronze
      Yes I understand that it only cost 10$ for you but the variance will be much much higher and with more variance you need a bigger BR, right?
    • bjela
      bjela
      Bronze
      Well I think satelliting in is ok for taking shots.

For example I'm playing 15$ HU SNGs and micro-low stakes MTTs, but I really want to play tomorrow's 10M GTD tourney, so I'll try to sat. in. If I succeed OK, if not - never mind, I wont go busto because of it.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Just moved your thread to Beginners Questions.

Kind regards,
      Gary