Silver Status!

• bcGiR
      bcGiR
      Bronze
      Hello everyone,

I came here 3 weeks ago from an advertisement on teamliquid.net, the largest english speaking Starcraft community, just so that I could their website out. I had been marginally interested in poker in the past, but never saw myself actually playing because it was just not something I wanted to invest money in. However, after finding out about the $50 starting capital I thought it would be fun to give it a try without any risk.

Being a somewhat obsessive person I immediately found myself reading every article I could get my hands on, watch every video, and start attending coachings.

After what I feel is a short amount of time I have reached Silver status!! I have also met my goal of not going below my 50 dollars starting capital and have even made 10 dollars so far! For me I feel this a big achievement even though it seems small so I wanted to share it will all of you, as well as kind of introduce myself to the forums. Gold here I come!!

TL;DR: I made it to silver status!! :s_grin:
  • 9 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hahaha, hi there bcGir, Itake it you're quite pleased then! Well, we are just as please believe me!

You would be amazed at how many people don't survive with their initial $50 intact., so supercool well done on that! :s_cool:

Keep going with the reading, it's so important to have the theory as well as practice.
      Sounds like very soon you'll be movingup limits and the $10 - not to be ridiculed itself - will be but a distant memory.

Have you thought about starting a blog bye the way? I bet many people would like to follow you and it's good to share knowledge and experiences, it's a quick way to learn to.

Good luck and have fun,

Mal.
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Hahaha, hi there bcGir, Itake it you're quite pleased then! Well, we are just as please believe me!

You would be amazed at how many people don't survive with their initial $50 intact., so supercool well done on that! :s_cool:

Keep going with the reading, it's so important to have the theory as well as practice.
      Sounds like very soon you'll be movingup limits and the $10 - not to be ridiculed itself - will be but a distant memory.

Have you thought about starting a blog bye the way? I bet many people would like to follow you and it's good to share knowledge and experiences, it's a quick way to learn to.

Good luck and have fun,

Mal.
      Very true, I busted my 50 dollars starting capital, twice... However, later on I played the game more serious and build up a BR again from free rolls.
    • bcGiR
      bcGiR
      Bronze
      Thank you very much for your reply.

I had considered starting a blog, but I thought my progress would too gradual for me to have much to say or for it to be interesting. I will strongly consider it though.
    • bcGiR
      bcGiR
      Bronze
      I am trying to take it seriously from the start so I can use the awesome bankroll I have been given to its fullest. I feel like it would be hard to lose it with the edge I get from reading articles on this site, as well as the incredibly useful concept of BRM.
    • harvbucks
      harvbucks
      Bronze
      that's great! I'm an avid starcraft player as well and i find that being adept in playing one helps in the other with how your mind works in strategy and countering opponents strategy. best of luck to you! sounds like your off to a great start.
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      i've been here for almost 3yrs, n still silver.................

Well im only recretional player so cant make more time on playing poker,
      but this site so good that i have improve my game n winning some $$$.

Congrates to you for getting Silver...Your 1st goal should be double-up your $50...to $100...then so on...
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Gold
      Hey bcGiR,

I agree starting a blog is a good way to not only document your progress, but also meet other players that are playing at a similar level and discuss hands. I think it can only help you as you continue to develop your game.

You can set yourself easy goals to start like a learning > Playing ratio that you can stick to for a week or a month, playing a certain amount of hands per week/month. It doesn't have to be anything major and I would recommend against monetary goals as sometimes this is something you can't really plan for - There will be bad periods where the ugly side of variance sneaks up on you and that can hinder your progress as you are not just running bad but also failing to reach a goal. Which in turn could make you play worse when you try to recover and reach that goal.

You could however set BB (Cash games) or ROI (MTT/SnG) goals for each limit and only move up when you reach those - Just don't try to be overly optimistic and make your goals realistic.

Congratulations on reaching silver and hope to see you rocking that gold avatar around the forums soon :)

Best wishes,

Danny
    • Skeepe729
      Skeepe729
      Bronze
      Good job becoming silver ! i will be a silver member to tomorrow :D

What games are you playing ?

Have you consider joining a study group ?

Wish you well, Skeepe729
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      brilliant keep it up