This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 - 77

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      On the flop I bet out as mult-way I expect to be against at least on Ax and doubt they will fold their hand without a bit of a fight.

Once I get min-raised I considered shoving, but figured with his hand which I guessed may be AK - AJ or a high pocket pair (but unlikely - why raise with an A out!?) would probably give it up to that kind of pressure.

On turn I hope he will continue his aggression, and pot commit himself, no luck however.

River I'm a bit in two minds, may have lost a bit of value, standard bet could have got a call?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $6.22
      BB:
      $14.53
      MP2:
      $2.35
      MP3:
      $3.8
      CO:
      $7.98

0.03/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7:diamond: , 7:club:
      MP2 calls $0.05, MP3 calls $0.05, CO raises to $0.28, BU folds, Hero calls $0.25, BB calls $0.23, MP2 calls $0.23, MP3 calls $0.23.

Flop: ($1.40) A:club: , 7:spade: , 3:heart: (5 players)
      Hero bets $0.68, 3 folds, CO raises to $1.36, Hero calls $0.68.

Turn: ($4.12) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($4.12) 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.12, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $4.12
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

Why don't you just Check/Raise right the flop yourself. :P If they have the ace then most likely they will CB anyways and they are going broke very easily as well. :)

But as played not much to do.

Best Regards.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      I give villians credit for some rational thinking on the flop. If I had Ax I'm folding to a C/R in a multi-way pot as I'm clearly not against a bluff with several villians still in hand.

Given that I figured best value is to bet myself and that he will struggle to fold before showdown.

Giving opponents too much credit to assume they will respect raises?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Then just make a normal donk bet size. :) They will Call anyways if they have an Ace.