Equilab question

• roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Hello :)

Why are the 2 numbers different on equilab, could someone explain it to me, I have marked them with arrows the best I can (have you ever tried drawing with that pencil on paint!!)

Thanks
      Roo

• 11 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I belive it gets as close to the first number as possible, so the second is different. dont have it on here, but as far as i remember, that could be it.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      im sorry roo, im drawing a blank on this one.
      will try to flagging to edu department tomorrow and see if anybody has answers.

epic paint skills though. :heart: so cute, just like a first grader :D

lotsa smiles just for you,
      me
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      im sorry roo, im drawing a blank on this one.
      will try to flagging to edu department tomorrow and see if anybody has answers.

epic paint skills though. :heart: so cute, just like a first grader :D

lotsa smiles just for you,
      me
      I've always been very artistic :f_biggrin:
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Hey,

Thanks for your question Roo! :f_biggrin:

So each combination, Pair, suited & offsuit, regardless of face card value, represent a consistent percentage of the total number of combinations in a percentage range IN EQUILAB; the bracketed number will therefore consist of mutiples thereof, dependent on what cards you select.

So if we take the total percentages of what each type of combo represents in terms of the total number of combos:
      All pairs represent 5.88%, each PP then is 5.88 / 13 = 0.45%, 0.45/6 = 0.075

Pairs = 5.88%
      Suited = 23.53%
      Off-suit = 70.59%

So we have 13 Pairs that represent 5.88% and each of those have 6 combos;

5.88% / 13 = 0.45
      0.45 / 6 = 0.075

So each combo of any pocket pair always represents, in Equilab, 0.075% of the total number of hands. If our range is any pocket pair below threes, then we have 0.075 * 6 = 0.45% of the total combos, as we have four combinations of pocket twos. (We see this if we only select 22 in the Card matrix)

For suited & off-suit, it's the same concept, but with larger portions of the total combos of course.

And depending on what you select, the software will tell you exactly the correct percentage of what you have selected, but when you type a number, it has to round this up to the complete amount of combos included because the number you have entered will not always be a multiple of the basic percentage which is represented by each type of hand.

I hope this helps!

Let me know if you want to discuss anything else.

-E
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EuanM
      Hey,

Thanks for your question Roo! :f_biggrin:

So each combination, Pair, suited & offsuit, regardless of face card value, represent a consistent percentage of the total number of combinations in a percentage range IN EQUILAB; the bracketed number will therefore consist of mutiples thereof, dependent on what cards you select.

So if we take the total percentages of what each type of combo represents in terms of the total number of combos:
      All pairs represent 5.88%, each PP then is 5.88 / 13 = 0.45%, 0.45/6 = 0.075

Pairs = 5.88%
      Suited = 23.53%
      Off-suit = 70.59%

So we have 13 Pairs that represent 5.88% and each of those have 6 combos;

5.88% / 13 = 0.45
      0.45 / 6 = 0.075

So each combo of any pocket pair always represents, in Equilab, 0.075% of the total number of hands. If our range is any pocket pair below threes, then we have 0.075 * 6 = 0.45% of the total combos, as we have four combinations of pocket twos. (We see this if we only select 22 in the Card matrix)

For suited & off-suit, it's the same concept, but with larger portions of the total combos of course.

And depending on what you select, the software will tell you exactly the correct percentage of what you have selected, but when you type a number, it has to round this up to the complete amount of combos included because the number you have entered will not always be a multiple of the basic percentage which is represented by each type of hand.

I hope this helps!

Let me know if you want to discuss anything else.

-E
      Thanks for taking the time out to enlighten me Euan, it has been on my mind to ask for ages, as I know its only a small difference, but I could not see why they were different and did not know if it would effect my choice for 3 betting etc ...I need every edge I can get :f_biggrin:

Roo
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      I had figured it out myself the 1st time I launched equilab, I'm so awesome :f_biggrin:
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by slipkn6t
      I had figured it out myself the 1st time I launched equilab, I'm so awesome :f_biggrin:
      No one likes a showoff slipkn6t :s_tongue: :D
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Sure thing! Let me know if there is anything else :f_p:
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Let me know if there is anything else :f_p:
      There is one more thing.............................how the hell do I beat Nl2!!!!!!!!!!!! :f_biggrin:
    • musashi87
      musashi87
      Gold
      Originally posted by roopopper
      Let me know if there is anything else :f_p:
      There is one more thing.............................how the hell do I beat Nl2!!!!!!!!!!!! :f_biggrin:
      That's an easy question. You do it fast and with enormous winrate :s_grin:
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      From my own experience the two most important things for me are trying to keep my session length over two hours (I tend to try and squeeze short sessions in where ever I can - which gives bad results)

And patience is very important too, there are situations where we have easy decisions but far far more where we have unclear decisions and this is where It's good to focus on.

Also note which limits there are more fish, not necessarily on NL2, perhaps on NL4 there are more fish on your site simply because there is more money involved, whereas on the other hand at NL2 there are more regs trying to build a bankroll. Also it may be easier to distinguish at NL4, simply because any regs there will most likely be better players than those at NL2.

A few things to consider, hope it helps!