Hero shows 6:heart: T:heart:

Hero wins $3.33

16/12/1.9
      fold vs steal in bb 84
      3bet vs steal in bb 2
      fold to cbet 38
      bet in position 76
      hands 722

He can float a lot, so I thought I can c/r him on turn. But my hand has showdown value, so I could maybe just call. Because he probably will not fold his Ax.
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

That's the problem here and therefore I'd rather spend $1 or something similar myself with 2nd barreling it than turning my hand into bluff-catcher. You wont have the implied odds to Call there, neither you wont be able to Call the river while he could bluff there as well, or do you think he is giving up after we Call the turn?

But of course depends also on the table dynamics, when he has been floating and taking a lot of stabs then such an action is considerable. But only problem here is that is he even floating Axx boards? People more often don't do it.

Best Regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      or do you think he is giving up after we Call the turn?

dont remember such situation with him. Only remember when he did bet the river 2/3, probably with made hand.

But as I remember he rarely fold to cbets on turn as well, so thats why I thought 2barrel is not an option.

But only problem here is that is he even floating Axx boards? People more often don't do it.

WHy they don't do that? Axx means there is a lot of bluffs from the agresor. While some low drawy boards mean that aggresssor is more likely have a strong hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      WHy they don't do that? Axx means there is a lot of bluffs from the agresor. While some low drawy boards mean that aggresssor is more likely have a strong hand.

That might be the case on higher limits but I doubt that smaller limits people tend to float so often but rather fit/fold. :> Unless he has really such a fold to CB value and even then it's kind of close, since it also hits hardly our opening range/stealing range. Unless you steal like a maniac.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Unless he has really such a fold to CB value and even then it's kind of close, since it also hits hardly our opening range/stealing range. Unless you steal like a maniac.

why don't you believe his fold to cbet stat? Saple is quite big. And against him I do steal quite a lot :) he fold lot, he does not 3bet, then why not steal :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      Unless he has really such a fold to CB value and even then it's kind of close, since it also hits hardly our opening range/stealing range. Unless you steal like a maniac.

why don't you believe his fold to cbet stat? Saple is quite big. And against him I do steal quite a lot :) he fold lot, he does not 3bet, then why not steal :)
      Against those opponents I'd rather 2nd barrel than turn my hand into bluff-catcher anyways. Especially when he may be capable of 2nd barreling there. And even if you do play this way, neither I don't like the Check/Raise since you ain't making any Ax to fold anyways there.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      one reason to c/r is - to get value from his bluff. If I 2nd abrrel and he has nothing, I will gain nothing.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      one reason to c/r is - to get value from his bluff. If I 2nd abrrel and he has nothing, I will gain nothing.
      What do you mean you will gain nothing? You may make a better Tx to fold, you make make JJ-KK even to fold. Sometimes they may even trap with KK and definitely JJ/QQ is in his calling range. Plus you may even protect your hand from draws.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      true. Didn't htink about that :)