Help to calculate if this is profitable...

• hackbinder
      hackbinder
      Bronze
      It's about AK...

Let's say villian is standard TAG with 3 bet of, say, 4. He 3 bets me. I know many people say shove, but...

Is it that much worse to just call and shove an A, K, or straight/flush draw on the flop and chk/fold everything else?

IP?
      OOP?

Much appreciated....
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanDr
      BogdanDr
      Bronze
      Hey,

First of all shoving the flop if you hit something is almost never an option. Actually your moves appear to be a little simplistic and in order to get max value out of your good hands you should vary your play and try to think more of your opponents range.

I kindly recommend you to start watching the videos and read the articles provided by poker strategy and I think that a very good one to begin with, which is available for silver, is gameplanning by ge5sterne. It will give you a perspective about how the dynamic of your game should look like. After you get a good feeling of the poker concepts and game you could also watch 3bet pots by Leatherass9.

About how to play AK preflop, it really depends on your position and type of opponent, but keep in mind that simply shoving is not always the way to go (though until you get a good feeling of the game, you should keep it tight and simple and try to get it in with a tight range preflop, which of chorse includes A,K)

Success