Stack
      UTG1:
      $10.14
      MP2:
      $9.64
      Hero:
      $12.77

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: , A:club:
      UTG1 raises to $0.20, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.50, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $1.20, 3 folds, UTG1 calls $1.00, MP2 calls $0.70.

Flop: ($3.75) J:club: , 5:diamond: , 5:club: (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $2.67, UTG1 calls $2.67, MP2 calls $2.67.

Turn: ($11.76) T:spade: (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($11.76) 8:spade: (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, MP2 bets $1.2, Hero calls $1.20, UTG1 folds.

Final Pot: $14.16

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows (Qc 6c)
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and fives (Ah Ac)

Hero wins with two-pair, aces and fives (Ah Ac)

i never seem to know what to do or where i stand here. i was convinced that JJ was in someone's range when there is a raise, call, 3bet and 2 calls... as well as other hands obviously, but then they both call on the flop and i have no idea how to continue. i count myself lucky that it was checked on the turn and the bet on the river was so small in comparison to the pot.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

Preflop: Against those kind of loose opponents I'd go for $2 raise. I don't really get why do you min-raise? You are giving perfect odds for set mining!

As played
      Postflop: I'd just ship the turn since in their range there are definitely a lot worse hands and not only strong made hands, as long they are even stations. What you gonna do if someone of them ships the river? You rarely will know where you stand even and if you will Call the river then rather ship the turn and protect.

Best Regards.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      thanks for the feedback veriz!

Preflop: Against those kind of loose opponents I'd go for $2 raise. I don't really get why do you min-raise? You are giving perfect odds for set mining!

preflop was a misclick i forgot to say.

what if the board had no FD on it? would it still be a ship? or if it had no SD?

i sometimes feel like im justifying a bad all-in by saying there are lots of worse hands that are calling when really they don't..
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      thanks for the feedback veriz!

preflop was a misclick i forgot to say.

what if the board had no FD on it? would it still be a ship? or if it had no SD?

i sometimes feel like im justifying a bad all-in by saying there are lots of worse hands that are calling when really they don't..
      Against those opponents most likely since they may easily just even have Jx there. :)