nice site for PLO10??

• RDKNAUF91
      RDKNAUF91
      Bronze
      Any suggestions .Right now i have 200$ on Party poker ,but there aren't smaller tables than PLO25.Sometimes I play them :D

Maybe someone may recommend some site wich is nice for PLO10 :)

What u guys think about Ipoker network??
  • 23 replies
    • Bigniux
      Bigniux
      Bronze
      There is a perfect thread for such question and you can find it here: Choosing the right Poker Room for you!

I also linked to reply to my post where i asked exactly same question :)

Also, i don't think it's a smart idea to play PLO10 with only 20 BIs. Variance is pretty big and if you want to make money and assure yourself that you don't go bust, you should have way more BIs for the limit :)
    • RDKNAUF91
      RDKNAUF91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bigniux
      There is a perfect thread for such question and you can find it here: Choosing the right Poker Room for you!

Also, i don't think it's a smart idea to play PLO10 with only 20 BIs. Variance is pretty big and if you want to make money and assure yourself that you don't go bust, you should have way more BIs for the limit :)
      thank for link ,now I have some options :)

About bankroll managment I think 20BI is enough.Because I'l be playing just 4 tables.And also i think that this all variance thing is for midstakes and above generally.
      i dont think i can loose 20Bi straight playing my A game on PLO10.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RDKNAUF91
      Oh, yes you can! ;)

20BI would be relatively aggro for NLHE as well. For PLO it's very aggressive BRM. The problem is you can't drop in limits too much so you should start with a larger BR or be ready to add on to your BR at some point.
    • RDKNAUF91
      RDKNAUF91
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Oh, yes you can! ;)

20BI would be relatively aggro for NLHE as well. For PLO it's very aggressive BRM. The problem is you can't drop in limits too much so you should start with a larger BR or be ready to add on to your BR at some point.
      But its also depends on stakes and your playing style and how many tables do you play.

I dont think 20Bi would be aggresive BRM for lets say PLO5. offcorse you cold play PlO2 with 50BI rule but it would take years to make it to the midstakes :D
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Oh, yes you can! ;)

But its also depends on stakes and your playing style and how many tables do you play.

I dont think 20Bi would be aggresive BRM for lets say PLO5. offcorse you cold play PlO2 with 50BI rule but it would take years to make it to the midstakes :D
      Depends how big your edge is actually. The bigger your edge the lower the short term variance in theory so you need to be really careful. The thing is though that 30BI <EV in PLO is not as rare as you think...
    • RDKNAUF91
      RDKNAUF91
      Bronze
      Oh, yes you can! ;)

Depends how big your edge is actually. The bigger your edge the lower the short term variance in theory so you need to be really careful. The thing is though that 30BI <EV in PLO is not as rare as you think...
      You probably right but :)
    • RDKNAUF91
      RDKNAUF91
      Bronze
      Someone here is playing PLO on PokerHeaven???
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      20BI is definitely not enough for PLO, whatever stakes you play. Last night I was messing about on PLO2 on Stars, 4 tabling, and managed to be 8BI < EV in just 800 hands, and it didn't even feel like I ran that bad. So losing 20BI when you're grinding properly should be no problem at all.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      It doesn't matter if you play 1 table or 20 table at the same time, all that matters is the hands you play. We are talking about variance. Variance doesn't know if you play your next 1000 hands today, or if it takes 2 weeks for you to play. Reducing tables doesn't affect variance, if it doesn't affect your playing quality.

If you think that 20bin is enough for PLO, it just tells me that you haven't had a 10+bin downswing. Which happens in plo quite often, no matter how you play. And as I have said in other thread, there is a big difference between mathematical bankroll requirements and mental requirements. Even if your playing style says that 20bin is enough mathematically, you can't say that losing like 15bin in downswings doesn't take you off from your A game.

You might use 20bin BRM, if you are capable of handling the swings mentally, and willing to drop to smaller stakes when needed. And you accept the fact that no matter how well you play, you still might go broke and need to deposit more.

I think that 99% of the beginning PLO players don't have a clue how cruel the variance can be in this game.
    • vergato
      vergato
      Bronze
      id suggest ongame especially BetFair with the bonuses they offer

theres plo with two big blinds :coolface:
    • TurnitAce
      TurnitAce
      Bronze
      yo Kyy, you seem the guy that knows what he is saying. :D ..I want to see your a$$ up from the micros :f_biggrin:
      You seem that you can but you don't what to...
    • mancikaa
      mancikaa
      Bronze

About bankroll managment I think 20BI is enough.Because I'l be playing just 4 tables.And also i think that this all variance thing is for midstakes and above generally.
      man, u really have confidence in yourself, i like :f_cool:

but rly,why you dont belive if ppl tell you its not good...obv a lot of ppl tried the same and they would not tell you this if it would not be true

You have session where u loose in a row 4-5 situation when you have 80% equity with your hand on the turn and than u insta busted 20% of your bankroll... and against this u cant do nothing. U had the best hand, u got it in and u lost it. It happens way more often than in NLHE.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by TurnitAce
      I want to see your a$$ up from the micros :f_biggrin:
      You seem that you can but you don't what to...
      I would love to see that too :D

But there are my own reasons why I am happily dwelling in micros at the moment. Maybe this year will change things, maybe it won't. Who knows...
    • MonkeySam
      MonkeySam
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mancikaa

man, u really have confidence in yourself, i like :f_cool:

but rly,why you dont belive if ppl tell you its not good...obv a lot of ppl tried the same and they would not tell you this if it would not be true

You have session where u loose in a row 4-5 situation when you have 80% equity with your hand on the turn and than u insta busted 20% of your bankroll... and against this u cant do nothing. U had the best hand, u got it in and u lost it. It happens way more often than in NLHE.
      just true! or you have maximun flush at the turn and the fish get their full house at the river. This game is pretty rude
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      This is my graph from this month. As you can see, there is a nice 20bin downswing within just 1,5K hands, in PLO10 6max. It can happen to you too.

• Matusp
      Matusp
      Bronze
      Hi kyyberi, can I ask you how is affecting BM in PLO number of bb you bring to table? How BM you would use if you bring just 40 bb in 6max? I am talking about stakes till PLO10.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      I always buy the maximum to the table.

Playing with 40bb stack is a whole different game. And I am not even sure if you can beat the rake in micros while shortstacking.

My advice is to buy 100bb stack and learn to play with it. If it is too much for your bankroll, then play smaller limit.
    • adamall
      adamall
      Bronze
      Also short stacking sucks in PLO IMO.

If you think variance is bad in standard PLO (which trust me it takes some getting used to), then short stacking is way worse.

When I have experienced -20bi sessions, I feel like I have no clue how to play the game (because I am constantly running into the top of my opponents range/some stupid hand that makes no sense). This kills my confidence that I know how to beat the game, and I think that this would be x10 when you SS PLO.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      If you hate variance, play small ball. It still beats the micros, but lowers the variance a lot.