Introduction....

• skipmuck
      skipmuck
      Bronze
      Hello all of you poker heads :)

I am Jason. I am from wiltshire originally, but now resides in north Devon.
      Just turned thirty in October this year. Doh.
      I started playing poker on PKR around 2008, nothing too heavy, just for fun you know.. This was on the 10 cent giveaways and didnt really bother with the freerolls. 2010, I played more and more and noticed my game improving and started playing the freerolls and only a couple of months have I been playing the Facebook freerolls connected with PKR. I also play thier level one and two SNG's. I tried an Omaha MTT last night lol and finished in the top 30, I loved it! I didnt even know the rules.. So I came back here to check, as twice I thought I had a straight and a full house when I actually had garbage ..This was on my little brothers account as mine is suspended due to ID issues, which will get resolved next week.
      I do wish to try a different site, because since coming here and looking at the goodies the site has to offer such as the ICM trainers, Elephant, poker strategy equilator.. (which I have no idea how to use yet).. PKR is not compatible with poker tracker or Elephant and does not have anything going with the 50 dollar start up capital. Yeh so I wish to analise my game with programs and get better. But in the mean time if any of you play at PKR and are on next week tag me and find me for a game, my username there is 5kipmuck..

Looking forward to get into some disscusions about opinions on play and coninue to learn here, this is a great community!

Peace out

skipmuck :)
  • 18 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi Jason,

a warm warm hello and welcome to our forums!

yes this community is absolutely awesome and if you love poker, you will have no problems fitting in :)

PKR is a lot of fun full of mostly recreational players :) it is a bit hard to grind though because i have difficulties with multitabling.

it's great to see you excited about all the software and knowledge on this site. i hope you will be able to put it all to good use. so any progress with the quiz? did you read the articles carefully first?

let us know how you get on.

smiles,
      wendy
    • skipmuck
      skipmuck
      Bronze
      Hi there Wendy,

It appears that I have not read them carefully enough, as I have failed the quiz four times so far, but Ingrid has given me abit of confidence by saying if I fail my last attempt, that I could get one last go, but hopefully it wont come to that. I rekon I wouldnt live it down on here if I didnt do it in five lmao!
      PKR is full of recreational players yes, but there are afew good ring game grinders on there that I have tagged and get tips from, but I think the ring games are not for me.... - Very dangerous for the bankroll for a beginner like me.
      But I love MTT's mainly for the ROI and the feeling of acheivement it brings knowing you have beaten a large field of runners.
      Yes I love poker in a big way, its all I think about these past couple of years, and if I am not playing it, I am either reading about it or watching the UKIPT or late night poker and the other ones that other tv channels provide. If pokerstars is compatible with pokerstrategies software, I wouldnt mind playing there, because you can qualify for the UKIPT for next to nothing there, Oh man! That is my total fantasy! I will start a blog I think, when I pass the quiz, so watch this space!

Thanks for taking an interest,

skipmuck.
    • expertnabbo
      expertnabbo
      Bronze
      welcome and GL ;)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      how is everything Jason? how was your weekend then?
    • skipmuck
      skipmuck
      Bronze
      Hi Ingrid,

Yes my weekend was good :)
      I done a little bit of studying here and had a couple of pints of cider in the pub meters away from my house :p I logged into my PKR account successfuly today I am so happy. Although I came 9th in my recent go in an SNG think I was just to excited about playing and forgot about my survival skills lmao!!

skipmuck
    • CheckBop
      CheckBop
      Bronze
      welcome ot poker strategy.
    • skipmuck
      skipmuck
      Bronze
      Ty check bop!! HEY EVERYONE I PASSED ON THE LAST ATTEMPT!! DIDNT NEED THE EXTRA TRY!! GED ON ! WOOHOO! :f_cool:
    • vanjak79
      vanjak79
      Bronze
      good luck... :f_biggrin:
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by skipmuck
      Ty check bop!! HEY EVERYONE I PASSED ON THE LAST ATTEMPT!! DIDNT NEED THE EXTRA TRY!! GED ON ! WOOHOO! :f_cool:
      Hehe, congratulations :D

Which Poker Room have you decided to start your new Poker Career at?

I'd also advise you to join our Beginners Course now that you have passed the quiz. The course is a must for anyone serious about winning at Poker, I've passed the course myself so can speak first hand of how much it has improved my game & hopefully it can do the same for you!

Any questions, feel free to ask :s_cool:
    • angeleskarl0098
      angeleskarl0098
      Basic
      Hello there skipmuck,

welcome to the PS, I also played before on the PKR but I tried only on the Play Money, but I change already my poker room so I transfer to other. Goodluck to you!
    • skipmuck
      skipmuck
      Bronze
      Hey Matt,

Will the beginners course cost me anything other than my time? I am very interested your suggestion because my game is due for a complete overhaul :)
      Regarding which poker room I wish to start at, I think Party poker is my best bet, from I have seen people say. I am not really having a good time at my current home, because if its not being constantly rivered, its players calling big preflops with garbage and miraculously hitting higher in the end. To top it all off I have gotten myself a permanant chat/forum ban for talking about this site (when you guys are "affiliated" with them anyway) and mentioning another site also. But rules are rules I suppose and I did break them, and I suspect that these rules will apply to other poker rooms too. I actually got a date for when the ban is up lol.. - 20/5/3011 Sent an email of apology as I miss a couple of me mates banter and it wont be overturned, I am abit gutted tbh..
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      The course is completely Free for all and it will improve your game im sure of that!

PartyPoker is a good choice!
      Check out This thread for all information about how many StrategyPoints you will earn and the Freerolls.

Do you mean your last Room had a Forum & you got banned from it for bringing up PokerStrategy there?
      If that is the case, look at it from their view.
      You're potentially advertising users to join our site and in turn, register on more Poker Rooms and losing them Rake.

Perhaps you could try one more time with an "Apology" and explain fully that you didn't understand that you was advertising like i described above.

Best of luck!
    • skipmuck
      skipmuck
      Bronze
      Noo waay :)

I am in a tornament atm, but when I am done I will get right on it Matt! :f_cool: I cant wait :)

Yes it was the last/current room it happened at. In my mind though it was innocent conversation regarding the poker site, but yes, I hold my hands up to advertising PS lol. I fully understand the possible loss of rake, and I will have another go at apologising to them, hell I'll even hand write the letter, because even though I wish to play else where, I still wish to stay because I have played there since 2007 and I love the effects of the place.
      Dont think I could leave there lol.

BUT YESS MATT EXCITING STUFF ILL GET RIGHT ON IT :) BRB.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Wow, a chat ban until 20/05/3011, that's a long time! :D

Best regards and have fun,

Mal.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Wow, a chat ban until 20/05/3011, that's a long time! :D

Best regards and have fun,

Mal.
      Worse than a life sentence that! :O
    • skipmuck
      skipmuck
      Bronze
      Technicaly it is not, I remember something from reading a poker book, and turning off the chat box is a positive regarding minimising distractions during a game lol.
      So with that, I am going to turn this into a positive and think of it as one less distraction. Chatting "cod" is for fishes lmao!
    • skipmuck
      skipmuck
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Originally posted by skipmuck
      Hehe, congratulations :D

Which Poker Room have you decided to start your new Poker Career at?

I'd also advise you to join our Beginners Course now that you have passed the quiz. The course is a must for anyone serious about winning at Poker, I've passed the course myself so can speak first hand of how much it has improved my game & hopefully it can do the same for you!

Any questions, feel free to ask :s_cool:
      Matt,

I clicked on the underlined link to the beginners course and it took me to the beginners strategy overview? Can you help me get started? It took me to the beginners course overview and my status stops me from looking at the whole article.. Is there something else I need to do before I can look at it, like get started at pp already and earn points?
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hello again! :rolleyes:

First off, apologies getting it a little wrong, it seems you need to be Bronze to read some of the Articles, but this shouldn't be a problem and is very easy to get! You will get Bronze once get your Free $50, how is that coming along?
      You can also Claim one of the Free smaller capitals in my Signature, play some hands and you'll get that 1 Point you need for Bronze :)

The course... Whilst you cannot view the material, you can still get started!
      Create a "Locker Thread" Here with the topic title "skipmuck"
      Introduce yourself, who you are, where you're from, your experience etc to give the coach some background about you :)

Once you've done that, you can also do Homework 1, and then read the articles later on once they are available.

Post this in your thread once you've created it. Post it as a Reply to your thread, not a new one ;)

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker? (Be as vague or specific as you want with this one, but try to think of all the reasons and elaborate on them.)

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker? (What are the mistakes you know you are making during your games? Are you playing while you're tired? Are you tilting easily? Want to see the showdown too much? Write down as many as you think are affecting you.)

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?(Describe in your own words what playing tight aggressive is and why does it work.)

How to submit your homework:
      Just post your answers in your private thread in the Locker Room. If you haven't yet created a thread with your name in the Locker Room section, please do so now as you will need it to submit your homework.
      If you'd like to know more about posting hands and our hand evaluation boards, watch this tutorial video.

Again, any question or confusion, ask away! :D