[NL2-NL10] NL4; SH: KQo agnst SB multitabler

Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $4 (100 bb)
      UTG: $1.34 (33.5 bb)
      MP: $7.98 (199.5 bb)
      CO: $4.68 (117 bb)
      BTN: $4.44 (111 bb)
      SB: $6.69 (167.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K Q
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.24) J A 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.56) 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.38, SB calls $0.38

River: ($1.32) 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Results: $1.32 pot ($0.08 rake)
      Final Board: J A 3 2 8
      Hero mucked K Q and lost (-$0.66 net)
      SB showed J T and won $1.24 ($0.58 net)

Our opponent has the following stats:
      VP/PFR/AF/Cbet/hands 25/18/2.0/67/107

I guess the call is ok.

What do you think about this float? He cbets relatively frequently (low sample size though) and I have a gutshot. The flop is dry too.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Avatars91,

67% ain't frequently. :P What about his stealing % from SB? :) According to that we could base on our actions, most likely we can't Call for the implied odds here. Do you think you get your implied odds here for GS? Or what specific plan did you have here?

Best Regards.
      Bronze
      1) It isn't?

2) I haven't been paying attention to people's stealing % from SB, to be honest. Is that a statistic I should include in my basic HUD?

3) I thought this is a good flop for him to cbet as it is rather dry so I imagined he'd play the c/f line rather often on the turn. So I thought I could do it because I had a GS as well in case he does hit something or doesn't give up. From what I have understood thanks to some previous hands you analyzed, floating really is not to be included in my arsenal as of yet. I guess I won't be making such plays anymore.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      1) It isn't?

What is not frequently for you then? :D Less than 50%? 67 is pretty tight and towards mostly made hands.

2) I haven't been paying attention to people's stealing % from SB, to be honest. Is that a statistic I should include in my basic HUD?

No, you can just press on Steal stat and you will see the SB Steal or any other position Steal stat. :)

3) I thought this is a good flop for him to cbet as it is rather dry so I imagined he'd play the c/f line rather often on the turn. So I thought I could do it because I had a GS as well in case he does hit something or doesn't give up. From what I have understood thanks to some previous hands you analyzed, floating really is not to be included in my arsenal as of yet. I guess I won't be making such plays anymore.

Especially if you even don't understand the opponents play, you usually don't point any needed stat here and therefore I doubt that floating is gonna be ever profitable here. But rather you didn't float but went for the GS. :)
      Bronze
      Ok, I'll keep that in mind! Thanks!