This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NLSH : Bottom set vs fish

• SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $60.42
      Hero:
      $50

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 3:diamond: , 3:heart:
      Hero raises to $2.00, 3 folds, BB raises to $6.00, Hero calls $4.00.

Flop: ($12.25) 3:club: , 6:club: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $7, Hero calls $7.00.

Turn: ($26.25) A:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $18, BB raises to $47.42 (All-In), Hero raises to $32.00 (All-In).

River: ($110.67) Q:diamond:

Final Pot: $110.67

My reasoning for calling instead of protecting at flop :
      I felt that I have a very high fold equity if I raised this low board. Given a fold equity that high, I slowcalled my set here. Protection would have probably earned 19.25 $ (pot at moment)
      On a blank river, I was gonna start betting/raising for added value. Else, call for for FH value (WA/WB)

Badly played ? I forego protection some other times as well, when I feel that the FE is too high on a flop and my opponents is a player who often stack me if they hit later. The flop bet looked to much like a standard "my cards missed this board" cbet anyway.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Calling is fine.
      I might probably min-raise:D
      because there might be a lot of scared cards to BB (if he holds pp).
      So I´m happy to get all-in on the flop.
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      looks fine. i'd probably raise/call, or bet/call OOP, but a call is fine too IMO, as long as you're not stacking off unimproved to another club and villain plays it obviously.

btw, 2 outs isn't worth protecting against
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Your slowplay is fine here. Your hand looks pretty much like a draw or a float. I really like it. Sometimes the flush turns which is ugly, but most of the times you get more value this way.