This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JT oesd

• Shady9966
      Shady9966
      Global
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($17.34)
      BB ($10)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG+1 ($15.44)
      CO ($11)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: T:spade:

Hero raises to $0.40, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.40, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.95) 4:heart: A:club: 9:spade:

Hero bets $0.65, BTN calls $0.65

TURN ($2.25) 4:heart: A:club: 9:spade: 8:club:

Hero bets $1.10, BTN raises to $2.85, Hero calls $1.75

RIVER ($7.95) 4:heart: A:club: 9:spade: 8:club: 6:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $6.10 (AI), Hero folds

BTN wins $7.56

26/22 AF 3.5 hands 119

can i call and fold the river if i don't complete?
  • 2 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hi Shady9966,

i would like first to discuss a bit about open raise from UTG with TJs. It seems first very nice hand but it will make many difficulties post flop because you will see many times an over-card and you won't have very strong hand, but u will play mostly oop.

Now if you have very tight image and you were card dead for few time you should fire open raise but i doubt that this is standard move for you because i think this is pretty loose open raise specially if you are not 100% confident about you postflop play.

Flop: Your cBet is ok here since you represent a very strong hand becouse you OR from UTG and AJ+ is of course in your range.

Turn: BTN resist and i think now he is not folding many hands that he calls on flop. Flop was also dry so his call meant something. I would stick here to check/fold.

River: Is of course again check/fold

This is the example how can be those loose open-raises expensive because of oop play and we just don't hit perfect flop with such a hands very often. So we really need great post-flop abilities to play it.

Can't wait to see veriz's opininon
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Shady9966,

Nah, I don't really like that much the 2nd barreling unless we can expect the opponent have a really small fold to CB and is capable of floating. I doubt that we are making any Ax hands to fold there anyways with our CB. With something like FD+SD or whatsoever would be considerable but overall I wouldn't really 2nd barrel it but rather fold.

As played as we get raised why do you CB so small? Practically telling him "I have a weak hand". :D And I wouldn't even be so sure in our implied odds. We need to get on the turn ~$2,55 at least to make it profitable. Do you expect that to get while being OOP?

Best Regards.