FLOP ($0.95) 4:heart: A:club: 9:spade:

Hero bets $0.65, BTN calls $0.65

TURN ($2.25) 4:heart: A:club: 9:spade: 8:club:

Hero bets $1.10, BTN raises to $2.85, Hero calls $1.75

RIVER ($7.95) 4:heart: A:club: 9:spade: 8:club: 6:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $6.10 (AI), Hero folds

BTN wins $7.56

26/22 AF 3.5 hands 119

can i call and fold the river if i don't complete?
  • 2 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hi Shady9966,

i would like first to discuss a bit about open raise from UTG with TJs. It seems first very nice hand but it will make many difficulties post flop because you will see many times an over-card and you won't have very strong hand, but u will play mostly oop.

Now if you have very tight image and you were card dead for few time you should fire open raise but i doubt that this is standard move for you because i think this is pretty loose open raise specially if you are not 100% confident about you postflop play.

Flop: Your cBet is ok here since you represent a very strong hand becouse you OR from UTG and AJ+ is of course in your range.

Turn: BTN resist and i think now he is not folding many hands that he calls on flop. Flop was also dry so his call meant something. I would stick here to check/fold.

River: Is of course again check/fold

This is the example how can be those loose open-raises expensive because of oop play and we just don't hit perfect flop with such a hands very often. So we really need great post-flop abilities to play it.

Can't wait to see veriz's opininon
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Shady9966,

Nah, I don't really like that much the 2nd barreling unless we can expect the opponent have a really small fold to CB and is capable of floating. I doubt that we are making any Ax hands to fold there anyways with our CB. With something like FD+SD or whatsoever would be considerable but overall I wouldn't really 2nd barrel it but rather fold.

As played as we get raised why do you CB so small? Practically telling him "I have a weak hand". :D And I wouldn't even be so sure in our implied odds. We need to get on the turn ~$2,55 at least to make it profitable. Do you expect that to get while being OOP?

Best Regards.