One last shot

• KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Hi my names Sabit Kozak and I'm losing the desire to play poker. Poker still interests me and I love it but I'm starting to hate playing it. Why? I don't know..

I ultimately want a job that involves poker but I'm probably heading towards being a poker writer as the media aspect of the game interests me far more.

I have taken a shot at online play and unfortunately busted my roll twice (roughly ~100) basically through tilt and impatience. So to combat this tilt and impatience I thought I'd make a blog and keep track of it so others can call me out if I lose control of myself :P

I've deposited onto 888 and they rewarded me with a nice bonus and so far I've been running hot! My choice of game is SnGs atm and I've been playing the 40man 96c games. Top 9 get paid which is rather generous imo.

Here is my graph just for today:

Putting in some more volume today :) Wish me luck!

Current roll: $65.73
      Site of choice: 888Poker
  • 33 replies
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Wow I'm loving this shit! So easy :D

Hopefully continue to run good :x
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Done for today :) Very happy with my performance! I only did play 8 games but I'm very happy!

These games are so soft. I can imagine building a decent bankroll from this :D

Here is my final graph for the night:

Current BR: $72.28

And I leave you with my current favourite song:

• purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      nice start to your blog :D

it's easy not to tilt when it goes like this :D
      may your rungood last long
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Good luck :)
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Had a pretty rough day..

Woke up and my sinuses were acting up and unfortunately I had no allergy tablets left :( Did not play to the best of my ability and ended up I think just a bit under?

Pretty much a break even period today unfortunately..

Graph coming when Sharkscope updates my last result for the night.

I'm pretty happy that I didn't tilt today especially since there were a lot of situations where I would normally tilt..

I shoved about 5BBs with 8/8 and got called by the BB by Q/5 which left himself only 1BB behind...

Guess he thought I was making a move on his big blind but even if I was, I'd be crushing Q/5 most of the time. Unfortunately a Q came on the flop and I didn't improve and only cashed for $4.22 in fourth place :(

BR: $70.81

meh..

Hopefully my sinuses get better and I have a better day tomorrow.
    • iFortunatus
      iFortunatus
      Bronze
      keep it up mate, you've been running very well considering the amount of games you've played, keep us all updated!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by iFortunatus
      keep it up mate, you've been running very well considering the amount of games you've played, keep us all updated!
      +1

We're watching and hoping for the best :)
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Guess my run good ended and followed quickly by a downswing :\

Dropped around 11 dollars today which sucks but luckily its bonus money and doesn't take a hit on my actual cash but still sucks :(

Current BR: $59.84

I'm only freerolling 15 dollars now which sucks..

Geeze what a way to view the bonus money..Obvious tilt is obvious..

I played bad...I think. Made bad pre flop folds which in ICM would be insta-shoves.. Have to have another session with the ICM trainer.

Here is my gross graph :( Sharkscope seems to not want to update and isn't include the $1.88 I dropped for 2 buy ins.

I'm going do something really sick tomorrow :P I'm going to send my CV, motivation letter and transcript to PokerStrategy to apply for a position as a freelance journalist!

I'm currently studying as a media student and really want to be a journalist in either sports or poker or heck, even both :) I don't have any experience as a journalist though which sucks but hopefully I'll strike lucky ONE TIME and get the opportunity that I need to improve my writing and improve my experiences in the journalistic field.

GG for tonight. Being Australian sucks..Have to play at these sick hours for decent traffic :|

Oh and before I go, just a cool story bro! In the span of a week the first 2 Turkish players to every wear a jersey for Real Madrid have scored a goal a piece! :)

Goodnight all!
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      had a sick sick day!

post coming soon :)

So here it is! Had an absolutely sick day where I came across collusion and an epic downswing that took me down to $47 BR!!! :O This time instead of tilting I snapped some sense into myself and kicked some determination into myself. I closed all internet browser, closed the poker channel that shows reruns of all the big cash games, put on some music and BAM! RESULTS BABY!!!

This is really my biggest "AHA" moment in online poker. I never really understood how much anything could distract you from playing the best you possibly could. You miss out on reads on your opponents and play way too tight and miss a lot of spots to pick up some easy pots!

The sickest part of the day was encountering some collusion in a 9man SnG and then going out on a bad beat. Unfortunately theres no way I could prove this collusion..maybe its all in my head..maybe the guys hand was really bad that he didn't want to call off 1BB to flip with the shortstack...Felt sick and almost tilted right there and then!

What really kicked me back into gear was placing 2nd in a $3 20man 4 handed nitro good for $16 (I know...bad BRM :( I was partially on tilt and frustrated..).

Anyway results for today:

SICK SICK SICK :)

CELEBRATIONS MUST BE HAD!!!

OH YEEEEEEEAHHH

Current BR: $77.15

P.S.

I dabbled in some micro (.01/.02) cash games on 888 and I don't think I like it. Its hard to multitable using their software/skins. Hard on the eyes but I can see how it is profitable at 888 with so many callers PF.

P.S.S

The sickest thing about my roll is that I deposited only 15 and the rest of the 35 were bonuses and now I'm standing on 50 dollars real cash and the rest bonus :D Hoping to clear that bonus for a nice payout :)

My goal is to make at least 200 before February.
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Merry Christmas to anybody who reads this blog (none :P )

Have been off the game for the last few days. Been hitting up that sweet mary jane and alcohol ;)

Back to putting in a full effort though! Play time will resume at midnight tonight!
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Woo! Had a great session! Dunno how many games I played but at a few points I was playing 6 tables at once!

Didn't make any sick money from sick heaters but did increase my roll! Not having any distractions open is working really well atm.

Music + poker = win

Most annoying bit of the day was probably final tabling, getting jacks first hand, being 2nd in chips, shoving and getting called by chip leader who had queens ! Gross :( From a potential 7 to only 1.05 !! A wins a win though!

Graph coming as soon as sharkscope updates !

Thinking of taking the rest of the night off to play a tourney..hmmm
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Graph time!!

Merh.

Current BR: $80.05

Sweet sweet song:

Anyone seen pics of Mariah in Justin Biebers christmas song? Shes so insanely hot for a 40+ !!! The most perfect woman in the world <3

<3

New Years coming up! Gotta get in as much play as I can till then! I doubt I'll be in action for a few days after the celebrations :P
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Yada Yada blah blah blah another winning day..

A better player could make a killing on these tournaments.. Seriously a good player could make an average wage on these tournaments..

Current BR: $88.77

Probably played about 15 tournaments today. Gonna stop for today, play a tourney or Skyrim. 3:27AM and I know if I tilt now my brain won't be able to stop.

graph coming as soon as Sharkscope updates.

edit:

on another note I played a 200 GTD teams tournament on 888 today. At one point in the latter stages of the tournament with 21 remaining I was 3rd in chips but 3 coolers in a row meant I busted out in 18th only good for $1.67 :\ Meh!
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Anyway graph:

I'll probably honestly never move up too much unless my BR builds to a decent amount (300+). Its too easy to just continue with this and play the occasional tournament.

Gnight to whoever reads this blog
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      played good, ran good, made profit.

Didn't make as much as I wanted to today cause I blew over $4+ on a frenzy tournament but w/e.

Heres the thread on what happened in the frenzy:
      Cool story bro

cool. waiting on sharkscope to update for graph.

cya tomorrow kozak!

laters kozak!
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze

Graph.

Current BR: $90.60

BTW it was sick today. I tilted from the rebuy frenzy which carried on to my first few SNGs but pulled my ass in and pulled out a result.

I'm finding it tough to tilt.

edit:

Before someone mocks my blog, I know not many people read it but its good to keep progress at least somewhere.
    • aftenieovidiu
      aftenieovidiu
      Bronze
      why to mock?is nice blog and you are doing a nice job.keep up with the good work:) .i will follow it.
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Cheers.

About to play the $200 GTD.

Hoping to ship a big score.

Came close in one of those 200GTD teams tournament, hoping I ship this one :P
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      out in 93rd.

So card dead :(

A/10 suited my best hand all tournament and my last hand. Had to ship it on BB :(