This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH TP AQ oop facing turn raise

• Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      villain is 20/16/71 VPIP / PFR / fold - 3bet 165 hands

ive been playing villain on 3 tables and been 3betting him relentlessly. two times from the blinds. he 4bet me once and i insta folded my AK.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($61.44)
      SB ($12.88)
      Hero (BB) ($22.10)
      UTG ($24.58)
      MP ($26.26)
      CO ($23.06)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, A
      3 folds, Button bets $0.60, 1 fold, Hero raises $1.70, Button calls $1.30

Flop: ($3.90) Q, 10, 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($3.90) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.92, Button raises $8.20, Hero ?????
  • 4 replies
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Why would you snapfold AK vs someone you have been 3betting a lot? I would be happy to see the 4bet there.

About the hand:I think fold is best. The board hits his 3bet-calling range quite hard. If he checked back flop with a draw, he often hits (KJ, 87). Without any reads, I 'm folding.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lpdlamei
      Why would you snapfold AK vs someone you have been 3betting a lot? I would be happy to see the 4bet there.

About the hand:I think fold is best. The board hits his 3bet-calling range quite hard. If he checked back flop with a draw, he often hits (KJ, 87). Without any reads, I 'm folding.
      i snapped folded AK coz he snapped shoved 4bet all in. most likely KK or AA or AK and i don't want to flip since i can abuse him pre and post flop. oh and he did have 87 after i 3bet shoved the turn. bad play on my part
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think personally getting all-in on the turn is better than folding. He should bet most of his KJ, T9 hands on the flop, so he may easily make some kind of move there to delayed c-bet.
      Also I would prefer betting flop for value. He would call you down likely with any tp hand.

Best regards,
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      I think people will not bet their Tx or draw there but more often check it back on the flop.

Also like cbet more.